Why do I ever open my mouth? (or type my thoughts?) Really, I should've learned by now. Murphy's Law. Since my last post when I bragged about myself and how I "rock" at being a mother of four and how I've taught my kids to vomit in their puke buckets... oh the grossness of motherhood. In a nutshell, I spent spring break taking care of my sick daughter Kalle, then the following week taking care of my even sicker daughter Jada, and the weekend in between entertaining my in-laws and sister-in-law visiting from Georgia. It was busy!
Kalle was a sport and started feeling better really fast. We spent the weekend swimming, shopping and having fun and by Sunday evening Jada was sick. The dr. called in a prescription for Ammoxicillin which literally did NOTHING for her. Since I was
hoping expecting Jada to feel better by the next morning, I drug her with us an hour away to Key Biscayne to the Miami Seaquarium for my "Dolphin Experience" which I have been waiting at least 7 years to do. It was amazing - one of the coolest things I've ever done - so I'm not all that sorry I made my sick child lay in the stroller all day while I was enjoying frolicking and swimming with dolphins! Then my in-laws left and poor Jada was sick for FIVE MORE DAYS. And I don't think she once made it in the puke bucket...or the toilet. I washed sheets, towels, couch and pillow covers, clothes, rugs, toys, and the floor more times than I could literally count. I think I used an entire bottle of laundry detergent and at least 8 full rolls of paper towels. Like I said, I need to stop talking. And blogging.
But, I really wasn't stressed out. Really! It was kind of amazing. I came to the shocking conclusion that I'm not one of those super-young-first-time-moms-who-freak-out-about-every-little-tiny-problem anymore. I have become a much more calm and collected and laid-back mom who picks her battles and is finally learning how to multitask (something I've struggled with for years - seriously, I was the worst waitress!) So yes, I got rocked. And I know I will get rocked again and again - and I know I will be OK.
And that is pretty darn cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment