One sick kid today. Kalle's had a hot fever for 24 hrs and woke up with a sore throat, upset tummy and ear aches. Then she vomited. I called the dr. She vomited again. I called SEVEN people, no babysitter. I think: "I am going to rock it." So I drag all four kids to the dr with the twins in the double stroller, Kalle on the top and Jada holding the doors open. Kalle almost vomited in the parking lot, but she swallowed it back down. AWESOME. No wait at the dr (thank goodness!) but also no wallet (it's at home!) Good thing I'm such an avid on-line shopper and of course have my credit card number MEMORIZED. Diagnosis - ear infection, stomach bug and a yucky throat but the dr wouldn't swab her for strep because she didn't want Kalle to puke again. Go outside the dr office and its POURING rain. No umbrella. CRAP. Ok kids, wait here inside the medical building while I run to the car and pull it up to the front. But then Kalle pukes in the bushes by the front entrance. Poor miserable kid, she doesn't complain or even shed a tear. What a TROOPER. I sprint across the large parking lot - so glad I got such a great shady spot half a mile away - pull my van up to the front and a handful of very worried people are now somewhat surrounding my entourage of disheveled looking children. I shoo them away before they can try to lecture me on my poor parenting techniques and load up my large parade in record time. I think: "I am rocking it." Drop off 2 prescriptions at CVS, remember that I have NO WALLET & now, NO GAS. As in, my DTE says 0 miles. Drive home, Tyce screams the entire way and Jada prays at least 4 times our car doesn't stop working and we get stranded alone in the rain. Get my wallet and make it to the gas station AND back to CVS (thank you Jada for your ever so faithful prayers). Have to drag my caboose inside CVS to buy Pedialyte and get prescriptions. Kalle pukes again, INSIDE CVS. At least I remembered to bring her pink, plastic puke bucket. Everyone around us almost vomits in disgust. But, Kalle didn't miss ;-) My girls are pretty clean pukers - comes from PLENTY of experience. I think: "I have rocked it." Tyce and Dax scream the ENTIRE way but we made it home! Unload 4 kids, change 2 poops, clean 1 puke bucket, throw in 2 loads of pukey laundry, start 2 movies in separate rooms, put 2 babies down for their overdue naps and sit down alone to eat 1 very big bowl of granola for breakfast, ahhh. All BEFORE 10:30 am.
Happy Spring Break to me!
Oh, and I really am not even stressed out! Take that motherhood!
I know: "I rocked it."



13 comments:
I think the most impressive part is eating the granola and not a giant slice of cake with 3 scoops of ice cream! haha! that sounds like a day, glad it's over (well maybe the puking isn't over yet...)
This post ROCKED!
This post ROCKED!
All I have to say is "wow!" Way to rock it!! I don't think I could have done all that and still be standing let alone do it all before 10:30. You rock!!!!
way to go KIM! You are my hero!! No, seriously!! You are!!
That is an awesome story. And yes, you totally rocked it!
sounds so stressful, but it does feel amazing to solve mom problems like that!
"#@%&" you Rocked it!!! Since all my son in laws think I swear all the time I thought I'd put your day into perspective and emphasize it a bit!! You go baby mama!!
Three words: YOU ARE AWESOME
You really are awesome. And my hero.
You did rock it. You are amazing. Love you super mom.
love it! you totally rocked it. i'm impressed.
Kim -
This would make for a fabulous TV episode on some sitcom! I loved reading about it! When I have kids, I'm calling you for advice!
Post a Comment