We have tried to do family themed Halloween costumes in years past and we basically let Jada decide what she wants to be and we all accommodate her. This year Jada wanted to be Rapunzel (along with every other little girl) so Chris came up with these great costume ideas for the rest of us...
Chris as Flynn Rider, Jada as Rapunzel, Me as Mother Gothel, Dax and Tyce as the Stabbington Brothers (Flynn's dopey side kicks) and Kalle as Maximus the horse.
The only problem was, Kalle was on this huge unicorn fixation at this point and would not concent to being merely a white horse. She MUST be a white unicorn. So I convinced Jada that Kalle really was Maximus the horse, we were just letting her pretend to be a unicorn. Then I bought Kalle this adorable unicorn costume from PBK...
Never was there a happier unicorn. This child was in HEAVEN. She did not care that it was 80 degrees and that her costume was padded! She refused to take off the unicorn head when she got sweaty. Kalle was a unicorn and she was thrilled :-) Best Kalle face ever...
Jada was pretty darn adorable too if I do say so myself ;-)
But unfortuntealy, I didn't get any good photos of the boys :( Boo. They were soooo cute in their outfits too! I bought them some stuff at Good Will and it worked perfectly! I even drew sideburns and a cheek scar on Dax and Chris made him boots and a dagger for his belt. Tyce got a bigger sword, a muscle tank and an eye patch. I did sanp this photo when we were practicing wearing the eye patch...
As usual, I am dissapointed that I didn't get better photos. Chris and I both looked pretty stinking awesome too. Oh well. When you have 4 little kids to try to coordinate and chase after its a miracle we even made it to our church Halloween party at all!
Jada had a Halloween Parade at her school. She and another girl got to walk in the front of the class and hold their class sign.
I must brag for a second, I MADE Jada's hair braid. We both LOVED it. And amazingly it only cost me $1.19! I had the yarn already and most of the flowers. I only bought a few purple flowers to add on and it was just perfect :) If you know me, you know that I really dislike doing crafty things. But when it comes to Halloween... I have been known to go to all lengths of craziness! I am crazy about this holiday!!
We Trick-or-Treated in our neighborhood this year with our friends the Batemans and a few of our cul-de-sac neighbors. The obligatory pre-Trick-or-Treat photos...
MJ (the pirate) hit a few houses and then opted to stay home and pass out candy with the daddies (aka eat lots of candy) while the girls continued Trick-or-Treating with the mommies :) The funniest thing happened. Kalle was the youngest one and also the most grateful. At every house Kalle repeatedly thanked the homeowner for her new treat and than ran over to show me with incredible enthusiasm each time. It was truly one of the greatest days of her existence! The problem with this was that the older kids left her in the dust and ran off without her. (see Jada pushing past Kalle in a sprint to get going to the next house...and I think this was door number 2)
No big deal, this girl marches to the beat of her own drum anyways and was completely fine showing up a few minutes late to each house and knocking on doors alone and saying "Trick-or-Treat" all by her little lonesome. Kalle usually was heavily rewarded, especially because she always responded "Oh thank you so very much! Oh thank you thank you! I love it so much!" (Maybe this was a just good strategy on her part all along. I really can't underestimate this kid for a second...)
Once again, I didn't get any good photos of the twins. Their first Halloween and I blew it. What a bad mom. I didn't even dress them up for trick-or-treating again. I was too busy. I think Tyce has on a Halloween shirt at least... next year they will actually get to eat some candy though ;-)
We finished the trick-or-treating festivities back at our house with dinner, more candy, and one of my new favorite creations I tried out this year, pumpkin fondue...mmmm....
And it wouldn't be Halloween without a party at the Wernlis!! (except for last year when I did throw one because I was too pregnant and miserable...) This year we went back to our favorite idea, the murder mystery dinner party and I think it was a hit. I had fun anyways!
Chris was Sherlock Holmes and he headed up the whole investigation. I has supposed to be the ghost of Sheherazade, meaning I was the ghost of the girl who had been murdered, so I had horrible white makeup and didn't talk almost the entire night! Which worked out pretty well since I was the hostess and had to make sure things were working smoothly.
I'm not sure how other people feel about me posting their photos and identities on the internet for all to see so I'll just share one other couple photo of Rick and Allison because I know they wont hate me ;-p Allison is Snow White, obvisouly, and Rick is Robin Hood, what a good sport!
Good think Caitlin helped me plan the whole thing - I couldn't have done it without her!! She is such a party diva ;-) And she was a smokin hot witch to boot! Love it!!
Happy Halloween (four months late... ;)














No comments:
Post a Comment