Saturday, March 3, 2012

Family Pictures - Fall 2011


A friend of mine has a cousin, Eva Snider, who is just getting into photography.  She asked me if I'd like to have some family pictures taken and I said, "why not?"  If I had been prepared I would've bought new outfits and hair bows and really tried hard to be coordinated and cute.  Instead, this photo shoot was taken the day after I had just gotten home from a last minute out-of-town trip and I had not planned ONE THING in advance.  Boo on me.  I threw some casual outfits together in the morning and we met at our favorite photo spot and told Eva that if she just gets one photo of the six of us where we are all somewhat visible, then we'd be happy - let alone if we were all looking in the general direction of the camera or dare I even say smiling at the camera!  We had basically zero expectations.  The whole session lasted just a few minutes and she snapped like crazy.  It all ended when Dax (who was seated next to his siblings, see above photo) tried to climb up and crashed face first on the brick floor and ended up with a bloody lip and raspberries all over his forehead.

 However, we were pleasantly surprised with the results.  Actually, we were shocked.  We love these precious pictures!  Why don't we do this more often???


FAMILY PICTURES...
 (this 1st one is my favorite.  its the most accurate depiction of our family :-)
 The only photo where you can see everyone's eyes...

JADA'S PICTURES...
(she was fantastic!  smiled like superstar and posed like a model.  can't love this gorgeous girl more!!)

KALLE'S PICTURES...
(as predicted, she all but basically hid from the camera.  we did bribe her excessively with candy and threatened to eat ice cream without her if she didn't smile for some of the family shots, and I wish I was kidding ;-)

TYCE & DAX'S PICTURES...
(these boys were really really good.  the only problem is that the love to smile for their dad, not some stranger with a camera.  when Chris was in front of them, they laughed and awarded him with huge grins and dimples.  otherwise, they had blank stares.  better than tears and screams so I guess that's a win :)

 the twins...
 one of my absolute favorites...
Tyce...
Tyce & Kalle...
Dax & Jada...
Dax & his Daddy...
 the boys...

  
CHRIS & KIM'S PICTURES...
(these were completely at the photographers insistence and we both felt absolutely awkward the entire time!  we never even had engagement photos taken let alone just random us photos.  wish I were at least 10 pounds lighter.  still like them though.)
 
Can't believe we have SIX people in our family.  
We are so blessed :-)
 

1 comment:

Becky said...

Great pictures! I love the one of y'all on the bridge. And the last on here is super cute too.
Hope all is well in Florida for you. Take care!