I found this little league city thing that had two months worth of pee wee soccer for kids ages 3 & 4. Perfect! For four months every year my two girls are only one year apart and this soccer season happened to be during that time so my girls could play on the same team! How fun! I signed them up way in advance and even volunteered my sweet husband to be their soccer coach ;-)
As the season approached, the league decided to push back the start of the season to be in January and February (instead of Dec/Jan) so I was annoyed because I knew in my heart even way back then that I would be busy for some reason with these twins. Anyways, long story but I decided to keep the girls in soccer anyways. It was....interesting to say the least.
I thought Kalle would LOVE it. She didn't. She pretty much hated it the first two weeks. She literally sat in my lap almost the entire time on the sidelines completely miserable. Basically she was pissed off because about two seconds into the very first practice on of the officials tried to tell her how to stand or what to do or something and that was it. She was MAD! She hates it when people tell her what to do. Its ridiculous. Maybe by the third week Chris decided to just carry her around on his shoulders the whole time and she actually liked that. She joined right in with him ordering the other kids around I mean coaching. Ha! It was really funny. She started enjoying herself a little more after that and then I had preterm labor and went on bed rest and Kalle went to Georgia and missed soccer for three weeks.
When Kalle got home she still wasn't crazy about soccer but she participated. Mostly Chris would tell her to go get the ball and she would run into the middle of a big scuffle and throw herself on the ground on top of the ball, pick it up and run away. Brilliant. Kalle was the youngest kid out there by FAR. Oh well. In true Kalle fashion - she was the amusement of everyone there :-)
Chris was awesome. Really, he was just incredible. For sure he was the best coach of all the pee wee teams. Everyone on Jada and Kalle's team kept raving about him and saying how thrilled they were that their child was on Chris' team! Ha! I am seriously not making this up. A couple of the parents already asked Chris to sign up to coach their kids' tee ball team this spring! (I said no - I need Chris at home with me and the babies!) Most of the other parent coaches were lame. They just kind of stood around and weren't too interesting. Chris was running up and down the feeling cheering the kids on and making them laugh and being hilarious and fun. My kids are so lucky to have the coolest dad on the planet! Even though Chris was lets say "less than thrilled" that I volunteered him to wake up early every Saturday morning - he was phenomenal and my girls will always remember that. Or at least I will :-)


No comments:
Post a Comment