Jada turned 5 this year and coincidentally the twins were born ON her birthday, super strange and ridiculous. I literally said for months during my pregnancy that Jada's birthday was the ONE day I did NOT want to have these twins! I totally jinked myself or something.
I don't know if its a girl thing, a five year old thing, or just a Jada thing - but this girl talks about her birthday allllllll year long! Really, she keeps asking me now how many more days until her sixth birthday! Well, Jada had a fun first birthday party which she of course doesn't remember but other than that we have just had family parties every year. I decided this year Jada would actually get a real, big birthday party. But, since I was afraid that her birthday could be compromised, I decided to be a little proactive about it and I planned her birthday at a party place called Monkey Joes where they basically do everything for you - you just show up and party! And to be even more safe, I planned Jada's party for three weeks before her birthday and I combined it with her friend Aaron who is our neighbor and he is in Jada's preschool class.

This party was expensive but it was probably the best thing I could've done. Jada had this really fun party with all of her friends from preschool and she got to feel special all before her actual birthday (thank goodness). The bummer was that I was on bed rest and couldn't even attend the party! And Kalle was in Georgia so she missed it too! Fortunately, my mother was here taking care of me so she went in my place and she even made Jada a gorgeous Barbie Doll birthday cake! I think Jada didn't miss me as much as I thought she would ;-)

Aaron's Donkey Kong cake and Jada's Barbie Doll cake.

Jada and her birthday friend Aaron.

Luckily, Jada has the most fun father ever and he was able to be at her party! He was probably way cooler to have there than me anyways.

Jada was soooo happy to come home and show me all of her great birthday presents :-)

I'm so glad that she was able to have this fun experience and feel special before these babies came into her home and started taking over! I just hope she doesn't think she will be getting a party like this again next year! Fat chance!!
Happy Birthday Jada! We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment