Friday, February 4, 2011

32 weeks

This week has been wonderful. I finally feel like myself again. I felt like I took me a week to recover from my stay in the hospital. But now, my swelling has gone down and my head has finally cleared, and I really feel rested. Thankfully. You’d of thought I could’ve rested in the hospital! But no, that was not possible – too many people poking at my belly and machine alarms buzzing at all hours of the day and night. It was crazy! I honestly feel so much sympathy for anyone who has an extended hospital stay. I can’t believe that just a few weeks ago I actually said to my BF that I was hoping I could check into the hospital a few days early, before I delivered, just so I could rest up before the babies were born! I thought it sounded great! I would get away from my responsibilities at home, have my sheets and bathroom cleaned daily and have food brought to me! WRONG. Well, actually, all of those things were true, but sooooo not was I was envisioning.

But, my desires for relaxation before delivery have been realized this week. I am feeling healthy and great, AND I’m being taken care of without having to lift a finger! My mom, Jada and Chris are literally waiting on me hand and foot. I’m not going to lie, it’s incredible! Some girls from church came over the other day and kept saying, “Oh poor you! How awful to lie there all day! Aren’t you so bored? What are you DOING all day?” HA! Those girls aren’t married and do not have children. What do they know? NOTHING! They have no concept of what my life was like just a few weeks ago. I mean hello! I used to cook, clean, do laundry, drive kids around, wipe dirty bums and hands and faces, bathe kids, do my calling, help with my lacrosse team, pay our bills, and run errands.... Now I get to relax, read, listen to music, shop on-line, talk on the phone and NAP! I mean, I am actually supposed to lie here and rest all day – doctor’s orders! Ummm… am I dreaming? Seriously, bed rest is the best! (Only because I am feeling so good and I’m at home and my mom is here). Sure I’ve missed out on lots of fun lately, lunch with my friends, going to the beach, just being outside at all… but I have gotten to spend a lot of quality time with my mom and with my Jada.

The only bad thing is how much I miss my Kalle. My heart aches for my little girl. It’s such a double-edged sword. I know that Kalle is such a stress to me, and that my contractions have been soooo much better since she has been gone, but it’s still awful being apart from her.

All of this resting has been working though. My secrets to successful best rest so far: I’ve been trying to be calm and not get worked up about things. I’ve been listening to a lot of soothing, classical music, and reading good books like Jane Austen and my scriptures. And I never watch TV. (Not that I ever really did before)

I had a doctor’s appointment on Tuesday with my OB. She was soooo happy. I haven’t shown any signs of labor progression and in fact, she thinks that my Baby A (who has dropped in the birth canal and was pushing on my cervix) is a little more post-terior. I think that’s what she called it. Basically she said the baby’s head has settled back in my uterus a little more and isn’t putting all that pressure on my cervix any more. All of this lying around with my feet up is apparently working! She specifically said, “Whatever you are doing, keep doing it!” Well doc – ok! Twist my arm!

OB stats: 31.5 weeks

weight gain: 24 lbs.

tummy: measuring 36 weeks

dilated: about 2 cm

effaced: about 70 %

babies positions: both head down

stretch marks: zero ;-)

contractions: 1-2 spontaneous per hour, more when I’m moving around

I am 32 weeks today! Yay! I would like to go at least four more weeks. I’m sure I’ll be so over the bed rest thing by then, but for now – I’m happy J My sweet husband and my amazing mother are the ones who are suffering! They are in charge of everything! I would be miserable without my mom being here, and without my Christopher being so supportive. And thank goodness for my in-laws who are probably the busiest of all taking care of Kalle! I love them all. I am so blessed.

No comments: