Tuesday, December 14, 2010

FHE - Chocolate Fondue

Every Monday night all year long, we try to have FHE: "Family Home Evening." We try to accomplish two things: 1. Have fun spending time together as a family 2. Teach our girls something about Christ or the Scriptures. Sometimes we are successful at both of these, sometimes only one. And more often than I'd like to admit, we may not actually accomplish either of our goals. Oh well.

BUT our girls are getting older and much more fun. Christmas has already been the best holiday ever for our family - and its not even Christmas yet! The girls are just so excited and I think they actually have a clue as to what is going on! It is awesome. Lately, we have been having FHE pretty much every other night. It has been sooooo fun! We've made gingerbread houses, watched lots of Christmas movies, drank hot cocoa, decorated our Christmas tree, made ornaments and tried to read verses from the Bible around a candle every night. It has been sooo enjoyable for me - and hopefully the rest of my family as well :-)Last week, I was in a crabby pregnancy mood or something so Chris decided I needed chocolate. Smart guy. He took the girls to the grocery store and they came home with the ingredients for homemade chocolate fondue! I LOVE fondue. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Smart guy. Chris makes fondue BETTER than the Melting Pot. Honestly. It used to be my favorite restaruant until Chris decided he could make his own fondue, and his really is better. Our girls have never had it before though, somehow. So, after dinner, Chris made this delicious chocolate fondue while the girls and I cut up the goodies. Check it out.Apparently, it was exactly what I needed. We had a blast as a family - of course! What would you expect with this much chocolate!? Our girls were in H-E-A-V-E-N! (oh yea, and I was too ;-)Kalle kept literally squealing with delight and clasping her hands together saying, "Thank you Daddy! Thank you Daddy! Thank you for the Chocolate!" She ended up a chocolate mess. Oh well. It was sooooo worth it :) We even managed to read some scriptures and teach a short lesson. FHE - Mission Accomplished.

No comments: