I feel like so frequently my girls say the funniest or most adorable things and Chris and I often say "We need to write that one down!" which we never do. Boo. Such lame parents. I am going to get better...
We have been doing about a zillion different 'Countdowns to Christmas' everyday around here, from advent calendars and paper chains, to chalkboard numbers and hidden elves. Seriously, its like a 15 min procession each morning and at least 15 min again each night. But, I am kinda crazy about Christmas so I actually really enjoy doing these fun things (I def got the Christmas bug from my dad - he is the Christmas King!)
Tonight, Chris is working. The girls and I gathered around the kitchen table after dinner to read from the Bible by candlelight (another daily countdown tradition) but this time I thought it would be fun to sip hot cocoa w/ marshmallows and candy canes while we were reading - its been so darn cold here lately! Anyways, I began reading the story in Luke about Martha and her sister Mary and told Jada she could be Martha and Kalle she could be Mary - as in they could pretend of course. They love to pretend to "be" someone in every story we read or movie they watch. But at least it keeps them interested :) Jada says to me "No, I want to be Mary!" I of course don't really care and I figure Kalle usually never cares either because Jada is practically the boss of everyone in our house and we are all kind of used to it. So I say, "Ok, Jada will be Mary and Kalle you can be Martha." Kalle's quick reply, in a whimsical tone : "No mom, I not Martha. I Sleeping Beauuuuuty."
Family scripture study at its finest.



No comments:
Post a Comment