Thursday, November 4, 2010

Ballet Bust

I think Kalle has officially quit ballet. Amazing that a three-year old can have such a strong opinion about something like a ballet class! Here is a video I took from the last ballet class Kalle attended. When I turned off the camera she ran over to me and cried and screamed and never joined her class again. What a stinker.The weirdest part is that there are 6 girls in this class, all from church and Kalle is "friends" with them. And the teacher is one of best friends Breeann! So Kalle doesn't have any real reasons to not like the class, except that she just doesn't like Ballet. (or anything structured, or being told what to do, or being told where to stand, or standing in one spot for more than 2 seconds...crazy kid).

This is Kalle halfway through class with her friend Brynnli (who is a fabulous ballerina). After I took this picture, we left. Kalle was such a crying mess and distracting all of the other adorable ballerinas, it was ridiculous.I thought Kalle might love ballet because for months she was dragged to Jada's ballet classes and she just had to sit there and watch, she could never participate. Guess I was wrong! Jada, on the other hand, was an adorable ballerina! She took a ballet/tap/hip hop class last year and absolutely loved it. I never once blogged about my precious ballerina Jada, probably because that was during lacrosse season and I never have time to do anything during lacrosse.
(Jada is in the middle)This was a practice run of one of the ballet pieces for Jada's recital (Jada is in the back)

No comments: