Monday, October 18, 2010

16 Weeks

I haven't taken my photo lately, boo. I know. I really did plan on having a photo taken of my growing abdomen every week - just to document this extreme explosion I'm embarking on. More for my own sake than any one else. Oh well, maybe tomorrow I'll shower...

I am happy to report that the nausea has finally left me! I still am a terribly picky eater, but I'm eating! So thats a good thing :-) Some foods make me queasy thinking about and smells are still a killer, but that permanent nauseous feeling is actually gone. I am so happy about that. The headaches are still coming, almost daily. Mostly they are a dull annoyance, but a pain nonetheless. I have had a handful of whoppers that have knocked me out for an entire day or evening - and guess what my dr says may be my problem? NO caffeine! Ha! I never ever drink caffeine and I haven't been eating any chocolate either. She said next time I should just drink a Coke! Really. Its a little hilarious to me. I hate Coke. Oh well. But both of my drs agree, the headaches are most likely just hormone related (double pregnancy) and should subside around 20 weeks...joy. If these are the worst of my problems though, I'll consider myself lucky :-)

Pretty much the day I hit 14 weeks I started having very faint but very consistent sciatic nerve pain. The entire week I felt that same familiar feeling starting in my lower back and radiating down both of legs to my feet. I had sciatic nerve pain with both Jada and Kalle, but not until much much later in my pregnancy. I've had a sneaking suspicion that it would return with this pregnancy - just earlier and more intense. I'm afraid that I'm right. The pain has gradually intensified. I do have a wonderful husband who has been rubbing my legs and feet and back almost daily to help (plus I have three electric massagers I rotate between ;-) and I also have an awesome neighbor who is a massage therapist and has worked on my feet and legs twice already doing some reflexology. After both sessions I honestly slept the best I have this whole pregnancy. Reflexology rocks! I'll be heading to her house many times I think... (poor girl! she offered! what was she thinking?) I invested in some expensive, fuddy duddy mommy shoes awhile ago. Boo. I have two pairs - indoors and outdoors - and I wear them at ALL TIMES. That also helps a lot. Yesterday I broke my personal rule and wore some cute high heels to church and I paid for it all day and all night. I really was in so much pain. I was wearing a maternity skirt so I needed something to help me feel glamorous still! But alas, it wasn't worth it. I don't think I will be wearing anything glamorous for quite awhile....

On the upside, I think I felt one of those boys kicking me yesterday. A couple times. I was lying down in bed trying to rest after church and I really think I got a kick. I was so excited for a fleeting moment and then literally two seconds later I thought "please not yet!" What a bad mom! I feel like I have finally stopped going to the bathroom every hour and I'm not huge and uncomfortable yet - so I am able to get some decent sleep. But two boys kicking me all night long?? Oh boy, I am in for it!

Alright. I'm done. What a complainer I am. I hope no one reads this. This is really just for my blog book journal that I will hopefully print someday :) Someday.

I love you twinlets. I hope you are both boys. I am so nervous that the ultrasound tech was wrong! HA! I was going through some baby girl clothes that I'm going to give away and I just thought - TWO BOYS? This can't be real. I really thought I'd have a house full of only girls! Well, we'll see in two weeks if she was right...I wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't though!!

3 comments:

Cassie said...

My doctor said that about caffeine too when I was pregnant with lexi. It totally worked to drink caffeine! It was a serious lifesaver with both pregnancies. Those headaches can get pretty bad.

Breein said...

I want to complain too! I'm 28 weeks now and this baby kicks 10x harder then Sophie ever did. And she has breached my ribs so breathing isn't super fun now. Sleeping is interesting and we just bought a house with stairs so my legs hurt the first few days. And I wasn't really thinking of chasing a toddler around when we got pregnant.
On the up side, I guess you can complain a lot more then I can! I only have 2 legs kicking, not 4. You have 2 kids to chase.
Lol, thanks. That felt better :) Hope you are doing well!

Leah McChesney said...

Love your posts Kim, Sorry you have to endure the yucky pregnancy stuff times 2! Can't wait to hear of names...Thinking of you!