Thursday, March 18, 2010
voiceless...
So everyone else in my household seems to have recovered from our week of extreme illness...except for me! I think that I have my first honest, true sinus infection ever and it is KILLING ME! I would love to complain to my husband and friends about it but I have no voice! Probably, part of my punishment for being such a baby. I woke up this morning voiceless. Completely. I did not realize how many times a day I yell. And I haven't even gone to lacrosse practice yet today! Whew! My girls are enjoying the silence I think...little stinkers. So if you call me, I won't answer. But I'm not going anywhere today. Again. My head won't stop POUNDING! Sooooooo annoying. Any severe sinus infection tips???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Fresh garlic! Lots of it! Just peel it and cut it into pieces that you can swallow and ***important*** let it sit out for a couple hours to dry just a bit (this gets rid of a lot of the strong garlic taste) then just start swallowing. Garlic is an anti-viral, anti-bacterial (but bacteria can't become immune), anti-fungal, anti-anything-bad-for-you. It will help. And you will probably stink like garlic for a week but that is just a bonus!
Get a decongestant - over the counter. Sudafed or something. I'm sorry, that stinks. And Garrette swears by sinus rinses. Feel better!
Kimmie, I hate sinus infections. I get them ALL the time. The best thing for me is to use a Netti pot. It is a pot you fill with warm water and saline solution, then you pour it in one nostril and it drains out the other. So GROSS! But it is the only thing that works for me. You lost your voice because of the post nasal drip. Getting that mucus out of there will really help. Good luck!
have you done a Netty pot? They aren't fun, but they clear you out. Good luck!
Post a Comment