I went to the 7:50 pm showing on opening night with four of my girlfriends. We sat in a packed theatre with about a hundred 13 year-olds who were screaming, giggling, clapping, swooning and sobbing throughout the entire stinking movie! That was the miserable part. I literally missed a bunch of lines because of the shrieking tweens!
Here's my beef with the movie...
1. Edward's ugly T-shirts
2. Charlie is too young looking
3. Jasper is just strange
4. a field trip? really?
5. Victoria's hair was not flaming red enough for me
6. weren't the Cullen's kids supposed to try to "blend" in at Forks High School? Didn't they seem a little too flamboyant?
7. Bella just got soooo annoying to me by the end. Change your tone of voice or something - be an actress for crying out loud!
8. Edward's skin in the sun - sparkly? Honestly. I could do that myself with a little glitter from Claire's...
9. I just can't think of Elizabeth Reaser (Esme Cullen) as anyone other than Rebecca Pope on Grey's. She will always be "Jane Doe" to me.
What I did like...
1. James. He was perfect.
2. Bella's truck.
3. Stupid High School boys. Right on.
4. Jessica and Angela.
5. Alice. Adorable.
6. Edward - I thought he was a pretty good actor, though his clothes were not nearly suitable and the dark circles around his eyes made him look a little hungover.
7. Renee. Free-spirited and flighty, but still a sweet mom. Loved her.
8. Charlie - too young looking, yes, but a good actor too.
Will I see the movie again? Probably. Will I re-read the book? If I have time. Was it worth the $10 for a night out with my girlfriends? Absolutely.



3 comments:
1. I didn't really notice...
2. Charlie is too young looking-I agree, I thought the exact same thing
3. Jasper is just strange-I agree, what the heck? In the book he was a new vampire not an ugly weirdo freak
4. a field trip? really?-meh
5. Victoria's hair was not flaming red enough for me-I thought the same thing again, same thought as I was watching it...I'm like, hmmm I don't remember strawberry blonde being the description BUT she was beautiful and fit the character well otherwise
6. weren't the Cullen's kids supposed to try to "blend" in at Forks High School? Didn't they seem a little too flamboyant?-maybe I just interpreted the book differently but I thought they fit their description well. They had money, nice cars, nice clothes and never spoke to anyone outside of their group...isn't that how it was supposed to be?
7. Bella just got soooo annoying to me by the end. Change your tone of voice or something - be an actress for crying out loud!-meh, I thought Bella was annoying in the book so this didn't really surprise me
8. Edward's skin in the sun - sparkly? Honestly. I could do that myself with a little glitter from Claire's...-I remember when I read that I couldn't picture it well because it just seemed strange to me anyway
9. I just can't think of Elizabeth Reaser (Esme Cullen) as anyone other than Rebecca Pope on Grey's. She will always be "Jane Doe" to me.-agreed
And may I add a 10?
10. Carlisle in his opening scene...HOLY TOO WHITE!!! Other than that I thought he was PERFECT for his role.
Thanks for listening.
I think I am the only person left in the world who has not seen this movie yet. I am going to go as soon as I get to Utah for Christmas. It is killing me reading everyone's reviews. Even if people don't agree they all seem to feel pretty strong about the movie one way or the other. I can't wait to see it.
I'm so glad you went to see it! I want to see it too but I'm not sure when it is coming to theaters here. I have read four different dates online, so I guess I'll just have to wait until I walk by the theater and see it there. I wish you were here to go with me - I don't think I'm going to be able to convince Scooter to go...
Post a Comment