Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Food Fun - Fun For Who?

Kalle is at that adorable stage where she only wants to feed herself and she will basically eat anything. The problem is (and this is a pretty big one) that she makes an enormous mess out of herself! Yuck! Its like this horrible, never-ending cycle of making a mess, cleaning the mess, making a mess, cleaning it up again and again. Really, whats the point of cleaning? Three disinfecting the highchair sessions, three moppings of the kitchen floor and three head to toe baths every day? Its madness! I'm boycotting. My daughter will just have to suffer sitting in a dirty highchair, playing on a dirty kitchen floor and (gasp) having crusty dried food in her hair and her ears and her belly button and under her fingernails...you get the point. Once is enough for me! And if I clean all three of those things one time in one day - than I'll consider that day a wild success.Notice how she really eats almost everything put in front of her? What a hungry girl!
P.S. Now the older kid thinks its fun to make messes with their food also!
Well, she's stayin' dirty too. Definitely.

3 comments:

whitney allison said...

That top picture makes me laugh, the expression on her face is so cute.

Becky said...

I am so glad that I am not the only parent who neglets the clean up once in a while. And people thought I was insane to wait to introduce solid food for a while with James. Hello! The messes they make with solid food. Those are insane! Luckily, I have an all-plastic high chair from Ikea. The clean up is relatively easy.(All the nicer high chairs are like 300 bucks here. I should have brought one from the states.)

Sister Sonksen said...

Hey you live in Florida. Why don't you feed them outside! Then you could hose them off before letting them back in the house!