Last weekend Christopher and I took a 3 night cruise to the Bahamas! It all started only a few days before that when I thought it would be fun to find a hotel on the beach for a night to celebrate our anniversary. So I looked up Chris' Marriott points and put in our zip code and
bam! There were some awesome last-minute cruise deals that I just could not pass up! Chris was on the phone with his mom who then volunteered to come down from Atlanta and watch our girls! Amazing! Everything was decided in the span of about 30 minutes and then in less than a week we were boarding our beautiful ship - Royal
Caribbean's Majesty of the Seas. (Unbelievably I had been on that exact ship almost 15 years ago with my whole extended family :-)

We stopped our first day in Cocoa Cay (Royal
Caribbean's private island in the Bahamas). We spent the morning riding on a
waverunner and the afternoon snorkeling and lounging on the beach. Everything was perfect.

Pictures of the crazy midnight buffet. We were shocked how many people were there! But it was beautiful and we had fun dancing under the stars and watching this amazing chef carve a beautiful ice sculpture of an angel in six minutes!



The following day we stopped in Nassau, Bahamas and Chris and I didn't even get off the ship! We were having too much fun playing at the pool, rock climbing, taking naps and eating at the buffet and drinking
pina coladas!




Chris entered the sexy legs contest (I made him) and of course he won the first prize - "Sexy Muscle Legs"! He won on the cruise that we took with his family four years ago too. What a stud. I'm so proud.

Basically, the whole trip was FANTASTIC!!! And it was just so much more fun since it was so last-minute and random. We felt so crazy. Pretty lame when your idea of crazy is a very organized last-
minute vacation. HA! We really could not have had a better time. The shows, the people, the food, the hilarious
waiters, the maid-service, the WEATHER! Everything was wonderful. Did I mention that we were child-less?? AWESOME! I
pitied those moms and dads dragging their kids around the ship. It was
soooo nice to eat in peace, not change diapers, stay out late, not stress out about nap-time and the best was finally getting to put make-up on without two crying children at my feet! Next time though, I want some of our friends/family to come (except for my girls. I love them to death but they do not belong on anniversary/getaway cruises with their parents ;-)

Anyone interested in a weekend cruise in February/March? We are already planning on another one. It was just too dang fun to not go again!
5 comments:
Your life is so glamorous. I think you and Chris look so young in that last picture, I guess going with out the kids really turned back the clock. Ha! it's funny though because you don't look old now, you just look like teenagers in that pic.
I'm so glad you guys got to do this. It helps that you live near a cruise departure city. I've always wanted to go on a cruise. I agree, kids don't belong on a cruise ship!
i'm so glad y'all got to go do something fun!! we'd love to go do that sometime soon...but probably when nolan gets a little older...that would be such a treat w/o children!
If you can make it a Mediterranean Cruise then we are totally in. How about Greece?
We did the Bahamas before James and it was awesome! I wish I had parents close by to just drop in to watch James when Brian and I wanted to get away. Right now we are out for the weekend WITH James. It is still fun though.
Post a Comment