Saturday, June 14, 2008

Memorial Weekend

We drove up to Atlanta for Memorial Day weekend. We LOVE going to Atlanta. Some of our favorite people in the world live there - the Chris & Constance McChesney family. My husband Chris was named after his uncle Chris and he couldn't have been named after a different family member that he admires and tries to be like more. We lived with their family for a summer after we graduated from college and we fell in love with each one of their six amazing children. Since then, Atlanta has been a favorite destination of ours. But now Atlanta has jumped up the coolness scale because some of our other favorite people in world now live there too - Christopher's parents and awesome sister Lindsay! We are thrilled to have them within driving distance now (even if it is 10 hours!) and can't wait to see them more often. I unfortunately didn't take any pictures really but I did manage to capture this one of Kalle's first whale spout! So funny! You almost can't even call this a whale spout since there is no "spout" to be seen!

And yes, Kalle almost consistently has a scratch of some sort on her nose or under her eye - pain which she inflicts upon herself no matter how diligently I clip her little fingernails! Those tiny suckers are sharp!


Two of Jada's favorite things - the dog Apollo and her bright pink toenail polish!


Jada and Kalle were lucky enough to spend some time with their ONLY cousin - adorable Alexa - visiting from Utah!

It was a fairly relaxing weekend (as much as could be with three babies in the house!)

See, we even got in a little pool time :-)

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Kim, oh my gosh, I had to laugh because just today I was saying how I needed to post a pic of Michael's face because he CONSTANTLY scratches his eyes. I went to go get him from his nap and he had blood dripping from his eye. It makes me sooo annoyed!

whitney allison said...

Chris' family moved to Atlanta? Crazy!

Becky said...

I am SOOOOOOO jealous of you getting to Atlanta. I am tempted to have Brian book our flight to Geneva through ATL just to say I was there and to breath the heavenly humid air. (I'm in dry Utah right now.)
I am still planning on retiring there. It is just so darn beautiful.

Spencer and Mackenzie said...

Kim, I was going through some old emails and stumbled on your blog!!! What an adorable family! My old blog is pretty much extinct, but we do have a new married blog thehardingfam.blogspot.com so you can check that one out if you want. I'm pregnant and due in early January - haven't announced it on the blog but still exciting!
-Mackenzie