Thursday, August 30, 2007

Twenty-Seven

Today we celebrated Christopher's 27th Birthday! He's officially in his late 20s! No denying it now! hehe. Jada and I let Chris sleep in (a little) and while he was sleeping we got the party started! Well we kind of started partying last night when we went to Chuck E. Cheese with the Tolberts - Chris apparently loves their pizza, and playing the car racing games. It was just as fun the second time around if not more than the first time we went. Then this morning I made this beautiful fruit and yogurt and granola parfait for Christopher's breakfast - he's kind of been into eating healthy lately :-) It really was so pretty (and delicious!) I should have taken a picture! And then I taught Jada to say Happy Birthday it is soooo adorable! She can say each word separately pretty well but it is much more fun to have her say them together as one squished word. Before we could wake him up ourselves - his parents called to wish Chris a happy bday (his whole family tries to be the first one to wish each other happy birthday, they're all so hilariously competitive.) Jada and I 'sang' Happy Birthday to Chris and she presented him with this beautiful drawing...
Jada is practicing her crayon skills because she consistently eats the crayons in nursery, so I'm trying to get her to practice drawing only on the paper when we're at home. We finished our celebration tonight at one of my personal favorite restaurants - The Melting Pot - it was ridiculously good as always.
Poor Chris had to work today but he is going to take off tomorrow afternoon so that we can drive up to Orlando to go to the temple! Yeah! This will probably be the last trip we make up there for a long time because I'll be getting too pregnant here pretty soon. More on that when we return...
Have a fantastic Labor Day! And a special THANK YOU to my best friend Allison for babysitting Jada tonight so that we could go out to dinner!

5 comments:

nikki said...

Happy late birthday Chris!!! Sounds like a fun and memorable day. 27 was a good year for me, and it looks like yours is shaping up to be smashing as well. lots of love from the Kelly's in the NYC!

Anonymous said...

Actually Christopher, if you will notice closely on the video, she dropped the keys on her own accord, and also looking closely, she listened for a bit before crying. She was clearly sad about the music. :)

Erin said...

Happy Birthday Chris! I happened upon your family blog (actually my sister sent the link to me... she must be stalking you). Anyway, you have such a beautiful family. It is fun to see where you are in life and see what is going on with you. Good luck with #2--- We love having 2, I keep trying to talk my husband into another real soon, but he says I have to wait until next year. Boo. Anyway, your wife has done a great job on your blog. It was funny to see that you went to the Melting Pot since we just went there ourselves... our new favorite place. Anywho, Keep in touch!! --- Erin (McPherson) Weber

The Tolberts said...

We were very jealous that you guys got to go to the melting pot, but we really do a better job of cooking it ourselves, we need to do that soon!!!

Lydia said...

We're actually leaving out of Miami, but Dan's parents live in Orlando so we'll only be in Miami a few hours before and after our cruise this and next Sunday. If you wanna email me your # incase we get stuck or something it's lydialiddle@gmail.com ... we're sooo excited!