Monday, September 17, 2007

Baby Shower

Out of the goodness of her heart (or pure insanity) my best friend Allison (also prego with a girl) decided she would throw me a baby shower. Since this is girl numero dos, I thought it was a fabulous idea to have to the shower at a restaurant where Allison wouldn't have to decorate her house, make food or clean up and all that awfulness that goes along with hosting a party in your own home. But - true to her amazing form - Allison decided that even though the Baby Shower was going to be at a Chili's, she was going to turn the right wing of the restaurant into a ridiculously adorable (and completely unexpected) pink baby bonanza! It all started with these oh so cute individually handmade invitations...
...followed by a plethora of pink and white decorations: table cloths, fresh flower center pieces, balloons and confetti cut-out pieces!...

...and as you can tell everyone really enjoyed themselves!...
...especially my favorite girls from my old primary class who really were more excited about opening up my presents than anyone else at the restaurant... ...and to end it all we had a super delicious white cake for dessert! (notice the handmade "pacifier" necklace I'm wearing? So basically Allison is not only crazy, she is incredible and I'm so lucky to have such fantastic friends!

I just can't believe that this little girl is almost here! I'm having an absurd amount of false contractions daily and I'm thinking she's going to be here a lot sooner than Halloween!

3 comments:

nikki said...

Kimmie, this is so fun. You are lucky to have such great friends. I wish I could be there for all this fun stuff.

lisa h. said...

that looks sooo fun! i'll have to remember it for the next time i throw a shower!!

nikki said...

By the way... Happy Anniversary!