It is August. I live in Florida. And I am seven months pregnant. The weather isn't really going to be getting colder before I deliver this baby.

Most likely it will just continue to be hot and humid. And I will continue to be a sweltering whale until Halloweenish, at which point I hopefully won't be so Shamu-like but will probably resemble a very swollen and not nearly so spunky Flipper.

Since I take prenatal vitamins daily my hair and fingernails have become long and strong. The nail part is rather nice but my hair had begun to be out of my control. I could hardly keep up with it. Plus I can't get a hair dryer or curling iron close to my face and neck without having hot flashes and panting like I was going to faint. I was beginning to feel like a shaggy, messy, knotted up Lassie. Not too mention that I feel like a walking oven!

Because of the heat I can barely sleep at night. I have the air conditioner down so low that both Jada and Chris have to wear sweats and socks to bed while I have two fans blowing on me simultaneously. I decided that drastic measures were required. I went to a salon and chopped off my hair. Yes, chopped it. A whole foot of it. More than a foot. The braid I had cut off was 11.5 inches long.

And then the hair stylist went a little layer crazy and I swear there was another two inches on the floor at least by the time she was finished cutting. This is probably the shortest my hair has ever been. And I am so happy. Its faster to wash in the shower. Faster to brush and dry and "fix." And I can still get it all off of my neck by pulling it

up into a tiny, oh-so-cute ponytail without a huge birds nest on top of my head. And the foot long braid I lost - is going to the Locks of Love Foundation. Check out their amazing website at
locksoflove.org. Though its shorter than I originally intended, hey - its just hair! It'll grow!
11 comments:
your haircut looks great!! i just got mine cut a lot (not 11.5 in) and it feels sooo much better. i can't believe it was so long, that's wonderful you got to donate it. you look great with "short" hair!
Kim, I love it! The cut looks great on you. I just got my hair cut yesterday, and I feel sooo much better too. It's amazing how fast hair grows while pregant.
Kim, you look great! Your hair has totally been shorter then that before, I know, I was the one who cut it! When I donated my hair it came out to be 18 in. when all was said and done!! I did cut it way short after it was way long. Shorter hair is in. That seems to be the only thing I am doing these days is cutting off girls hair. The short hair will feel amazing in the heat. I think this is like your third time doing this hair donation? Way to go.
I love this post. You are so funny, and really I think your hair is just as beautiful short. You are a beautiful woman, even when you are pregnant and feeling hot and fat. I love you!
You look adorable Kim! I want to do the same thing with mine someday. I'm not ready to part with it yet, but when I do, I'm going to donate it too.
Love your hair. It is super cute. You will love it short when the baby comes. Less to worry about when you have been up all night and then chasing after cute Jada. Jada looks so old in this picture. I love her hair like that. What a couple of beauties. Chris must be already thinking of how he is going to keep the boys back. love ya.
Yeah I saw that we missed each other on those first two comments. That's funny, I didn't realize I had played the role of Scott's adoring fan/laugh track so well when we were Sunday school teachers. How embarrassing. I probably just laughed more than usual because I was so nervous! But I'm glad you guys thought it was cute. The faces you made in those hair pictures are so funny. You look super cute with the new cut. And I'm not the only one who's still skinny!
HI Kim I have not talked to you since you guys moved. I'm so glad that you found our blog. Your little girl is so cute. So how far apart will your little ones be? Mine will be 21 months. So where in Florida do you live? My parents are in orlando. It is so good to see you guys on your blog. Talk to you soon.
Brooke Samuelian
Hi! This is mindy, steph's friend, remember me? She just sent me the link to your blog and I love it! Your little girl is so darling, I'm glad to see that everything is so great with you!
With all of your references to Shamu, whales and being beached it sounds like you live in Florida!!! Your hair looks great Kimmi, nice of you to give it away instead of selling it. love you.
Post a Comment