Friday, April 6, 2012

10 Months Part 2

I am in love with Christmas.  But who isn't really?  Basically I am just crazy about holidays and parties.  I LOVE THEM ALL!  Haha.  Christmas is just so magical though.  Some pics at our Christmas party at our church...

Tyce...
Sisters!
My girls with a "Florida Santa Claus"...
The Twins' first photo on Santa's lap...
Don't mind the creepy lighting.  Something about all the red and the dimness with the Christmas tree in the background made these photos taken on my iPhone turn out horrible...
We had to drive a friend home after the party so Chris jumped in the back seat and decided the floor would be easier for him.  I was laughing so hard at our overflowing van...

The boys basically gave up on baby foods this month and only wanted to eat table food.  I love it!  It's so much easier since they can feed themselves, but it is definitely more messy.  But oh so cute!
A local church puts on this amazing re-inaction of Bethlehem during the time Christ was born.  It really is INCREDIBLE.  This was supposed to be the last year they were going to have this free experience so we took our girls and they enjoyed it so much.  You walk through this outdoor marketplace with shops and people in period costumes and they are totally in character the whole time its fabulous.  Here some young girls are teaching my girls the art of basket-weaving...
At the very end of the journey, before you leave Bethlehem, you get to walk past the Inn Keeper's Stable and see Mary and Joseph and Baby Jesus...

My girls stood there in awe.  They have this beautiful music playing and beautiful angels standing around the manger.  (I think Kalle believed she actually saw baby Jesus.  Oh well.)

 Both my girls had some kind of celebration at school.  Jada's was a "Holiday" party and Kalle's was a Christmas party.  Ah, going to a Catholic preschool is waaaaay more fun around Christmas than Jada's public school.  I have NOTHING against learning about other religions (I thoroughly enjoyed my world religions class my senior year of high school) but five-year-olds are really just not that interested in the history of Kwanza and coloring pictures of menorahs and singing songs about dreydls (especially when they have no clue what the heck they are) for three weeks straight!  They usually just want to color Christmas trees and make stockings and sing carols about Santa and Jesus.  Oh well!  That's what we do at home I guess.  Here's Jada helping me decorate our tree...


And here is Kalle at her Christmas party...
She refused to take the Santa hat off the entire day.  Even though its hot and sweaty here in Florida...

I am so few photos with my kids.  Its kind of sad.  But I hope Kalle can look back on photos like this one in the future and see how truly infatuated I am with her.  She is intoxicatingly beautiful and loveable.

Another month of school couldn't go by without Jada getting sick with strep throat again.  Poor kid.  Every time she is vomitting I put her hair in a big bun on the top of her head.  This keeps her hair out of her face when she gets sick and she can still lie down without a pony tail hurting the back or sides of her head.  After a particularly difficult night, I was driving this poor sick child to the doctor and she caught a glimpse of herself in my rear-view mirror and said, "Oh No!  My hair looks terrible!"  What a diva.
 Trying to keep these boys entertained at church for three hours has been a big challenge lately.  I used to try to restrain them in their stroller as long as possible, and I could usually get at least one if not both of them to fall asleep.  But that is becoming a thing of the past and this is my future...


Bath time also used to be much more manageable.  But these monkeys have decided that they no longer want to sit in their baby bath tubs.  I would sometimes have to resort to drastic measures such as restraining one with my foot while I bathed the other... (this is Dax)
 I finally gave that up and now they sit in the big tub together...
 They LOVE it!  Though this has its own set of challenges of course.  Basically, two babies is just a huge challenge all around...
 Tyce on the left, Dax on the right.  I did find these awesome bath tub squirter toys in the shape of race cars.  They are perfect for my little guys!
 After church one Sunday I wanted to attempt a photo of all of my kids in their pre-Christmas outfits.  Of course Chris wasn't there because he was still at the church counting tithing, but Jason miraculously stopped by to borrow something or other and I made him help me pose the kiddos.  But I snapped these first of Jason and Dax...
 Just like the good old days when Jason lived with us and helped me take the girls to church every Sunday :-)
Kalle, Dax, Jada and Tyce...
Yikes - I really should've tried to fix Tyce's hair a little bit.  I'm not good at boys hair, I usually leave that to Chris.  But he isn't around Sunday morning either... ugh.  I'm going to have to figure it out I guess...

 My Christmas beauties...
 Kalle gives the "best" hugs...
 Usually they love each other...
 My favorite.  Jada looks so happy and precious and Kalle couldn't be more adorable and goofy.

10 Month Wrap-Up:

 

Tyce at 10 Months...
Tyce you are a gorgeous boy.  Everyday you look more and more like your daddy to me, and that has been to your advantage!  You still squawk a bunch, and I know its because you are about to take off crawling any moment!  But I'm not encouraging it!  You still drool like crazy but its because you keep cutting teeth!  You have five teeth now.  You are more reserved than your twin brother, and you only reward your best smiles to your favorite people.  But when you did - man is it worth it!  Your smile melts my heart.  You will cuddle with me sometimes and even sit in my lap to read books.  You are the happiest if I hold you all the time, just on my hip carrying you around while I try to get things done.  If you were my first and only baby, we would probably be inseparable.  But, you have learned that you have to share me.  And really its a great thing because you enjoy looking at books and playing with your toys solo.  It won't be long before your finally on the move!  Jada was WALKING at your age, and a few pounds lighter than you.  Soon enough though, I'm in no hurry for you to grow up too much bigger :)

Daxon at 10 Months...
Dax you are chubby and bubbly and pudgy and smiley and giggly and moblie!  You crawl across the room in sprint mode.  You can pull yourself up on anything and cruise around the room barely holding on to the furniture and walls.  I'm scared!  Everything goes into your mouth.  This month your hair has gotten long enough on the sides that the most precious curls have formed and I am in LOVE with them.  Too bad there is no hair on the back of your head though... I can't get enough of your big dimples and baby blue eyes.  And you have this great loud laugh.  You also love to wrestle.  You will tackle any one of your family members, all 5 of us.  Kalle is the only one who resists.  Tyce usually just falls over and cries.  Jada, Chris and I will let you crawl all over us and you think its awesome!  You want to eat everything you see, especially big person food.  So far, you have liked everything I have offered you to eat.  The biggest problem I have is feeding you fast enough!  Christmas is going to be such a blast with you :)

Happy 10 Months Boys!



No comments: