Monday, August 8, 2011

First Word (?)

Dax said Dada today. He is five and a half months old. Is that really even possible? What the heck.

He woke up from his nap calling out dadadadadada. I thought, hmmmm...he is actually talking a little jibberish for the first time ever and it surprisingly sounded like Dada. Thats strange. Then later in the afternoon when I wasn't paying any attention to him he said it again dadadadadada... Ok, thats really weird. But I wasn't about to tell Chris about it.

Chris came home from work and was trying to calm the twins down so we could eat dinner and Dax started up again with the dadadadadadada thing! Chris was ELATED! He came out with his arms raised triumphantly in the air claiming - He said it! Dax said Dad!! I win!!!

Its pretty darn cute, but realistically there is no way a 5 and a half month old baby could really be talking.... right???


1 comment:

Breein said...

Elle has been saying mamama and dadada and bababa since she was 6 months. It's not all the time or anything but the doc said it was normal. They are just practicing and exploring. But Jeff did the same thing ;)