Saturday, April 2, 2011

Full-Term

Happy Due Date Twins!

Today was my babies' official due date - they are 40 weeks gestation now! Crazy.

The best part is that now we can start treating these boys like they are full-term babies. The sad part is that now we can start treating these boys like they are full-term babies.

No, you didn't read that wrong, I just have conflicting feelings. I am so happy and grateful that my boys are growing strong and healthy and are getting enormous. But I am also slightly sad that they have already outgrown their fragile preemie stage, one in which I have completely sheltered them and practically hidden away in my bedroom with these boys. I have loved these past five and half weeks. My precious babies were with me at almost all hours (aside from the 14 days in the NICU). These past few weeks have been very challenging, emotionally and physically. But I know that now these boys will grow so quickly and start learning to become independent. Soon enough, they won't need me for every single thing in their lives. Boo.

But enough about me - Ty & Dax are rockstars! They are both getting rolls and dimples all over their little chubby bodies and are getting stronger muscles and control of their movements every day. They are so large that I have officially retired all of their Newborn sized clothing and diapers. Boo.

I love you Ty & Dax! These next 18 years are going to be amazing!

6 comments:

Scooter and Jessica said...

Happy Due Date Boys!

Andi said...

It's sad when our babies get bigger, isn't it? We're taking Eli to get his first haircut this weekend. I'm so sad!

P.S. I'm not pregnant! Our little "announcement" was an April Fool's joke! I wish it were true... :)

Jenna said...

how fun! it was good to see the boys at church the other day!

Bethany said...

Congratulations Kim! You are amazing! A modern day Wonder Woman! Wish I lived closer to help!

Kirstin - Klinton - Max - Krieg Starr said...

I am due in a week and I can't believe I made it this far. (My brother is getting married in 4 days and I am trying to hold out for him). Anyway the point of this is, I have a list 90 things long of things I want to do before the babies come (I am extra behind because of some bed rest. You know how that goes). But instead of doing anything I have been catching up on your blog and loving your babies. Congrats on keeping them strong and healthy and growing them SOO big! They are perfect, and you are AMAZING!!!!

megan&steve said...

Congratulations!