Monday, February 21, 2011

34 weeks

So I have a bunch of photos of my girls and things that I would love to post on here but they are on my home computer which is not working right now. My sweet little Kalle was home for one day and she managed to break some part on our computer. It will not work until we get it replaced. She also spilled a canister of salt on the floor, broke two of Jadas new toys, colored her legs and feet with markers and flooded the bathroom sink. On her first day home. Am I that surprised? Not really. I guess we all forgot that "Kalle" was home, our little cylcone. She is such a love though. Her hugs and kisses are so worth the struggles. Anywho, I am resigned to blog once again about my baby boys and my pregnancy...


5 weeks ago today I woke up with strong contractions. I had a dr appointment that morning and I knew in my heart that something just wasn't quite right. I remember sitting in the waiting room at my dr app and I met two girls who were both pregnant with twins. One girl was 37 weeks, the other 36. At that time I was only 29 weeks and I thought these girls were enormous! Both of them told me that they had suffered from preterm labor at some point during their pregnancy. Both had gone to the hospital and had been on the mag. Both were sent home on bed rest. Both of them were now hugely pregnant and couldn't get their babies out! Both of them were dying to have their babies, ironically since they had been praying for weeks NOT to have them come out. After all three of us were seen by the dr that morning, I was the one sent to the hospital in labor. They were jealous of me. I was jealous of them. Ironic, don't you think?


Over the past 5 weeks I have thought of those two girls more times than I can count. Every day I was in the hospital I just kept praying that my preterm labor problem would turn into a new problem - a no labor problem. I have quite reached that stage yet, but I feel like my prayers are going to be answered. I am feeling very confident that I will make it to 36 weeks. One of my drs even said she thinks I could get to 38! Now, I'm not sure I'd like to still be pregnant in four more weeks...but if thats what my body does - who am I to complain? 38 weeks is 100 times better than 29 weeks! I had my PN app on Friday, my babies each scored a "10 out of 10" individually. I didn't even know they rated my babies every week. The dr came in and said the news with such enthusiasm and giddy, I almost cried. I haven't scored a "10" yet because I hadn't made it to 34 weeks before that day. The "10 out of 10" is based on: weeks of gestation, level of amniotic fluid, a bunch of different organ measurements, heartrate, bone lengths, estimated weight, level of activity, and rate of growth. Really, the dr was so happy. 34 weeks is her personal goal for all of her patients carrying twins. Wow. Go me.


I love these big ultrasounds. They estimate the babies weights every three weeks. On Friday, Baby A was 5 lbs 6 oz and Baby B was 6 lbs 2 oz. Geez, they are getting enormous! Of course, these are just estimates based on baby's head circumfrance, stomach size and length of femur bone. But both boys have been steadily growing and the ultra sound techs here seem really great, so I don't think they are off by more than a pound. We'll see.


I made the tech check to make sure we were still having two boys. She was apparently convinced, I couldn't tell what I was seeing so I guess I'll have to take her word. The boys are so squished inside me its hard to see much of anything. But we did get some close-up face shots for the first time in weeks! Both boys have been facing my spine forever, especially Baby A, so we haven't seen their faces for a long time. The ultrasound tech was studying their faces for awhile and then she said, "I think they are going to look different. I think Baby A looks like mom and Baby B looks like dad." I love that she said that. I can't wait until they get older and we can compare them to their ultrasound photos.



This was the only photo I could get to work. I took a pic with my phone of the ultrasound photo, emailed it to myself and then downloaded onto Chris' laptop (which I'm typing on) and then uploaded it to blogger. Its sideways. Oh well.


I have been craving milk lately. I never want to just drink milk, but I do now. I have heartburn for the first time in my life. I feel like I am eating and drinking in an inclined position and so I can never quite get my food all the way down. Plus I am super gassy. (how embarassing). And I am ALWAYS HOT! It is a very very good thing that it is not August. Its still in the high 70s - low 80s every day so I have the A/C turned down super low. Everyone in my house is freezing! People that come over wrap themselves up in blankets when they sit down to talk to me. I am sweating, all the time. I have one or two fans blowing on me and I'm still sweating. It kind of gross. Poor Chris has a terrible head cold, probably because hes freezing. Jada got herself dressed for school the other day in jeans and a sweatshirt! Ha! I told her she would be soooo uncomfortably hot on the playground in the 80 degree weather and she said no way it is COLD today mom! Well, cold in our house maybe, poor confused child.


I am still getting contractions all the time, painful ones. This one baby is still shoved up in my lungs and its sooooo uncomfortable. Every time I get a contraction I can barely breathe, and my body temp shoots way up and I start sweating. My back has finally started to ache. Since I haven't been walking around I haven't really had sciatic nerve pain or back pain. But now I am so disproportionately large that my back has no choice but to hurt. I pretty much hurt all over. Oh well. It could be worse. I grew so much while Kalle was gone. When she spotted me getting into the shower the other day she about had a cow! She just kept trying to touch my stomach and said "Oh mommy! Ouchie! Poor tummy! You hurt mom? You hurt? Oh ouchie!" She has actually been trying really hard to be nice to my stomach. Amazing. I must be huge. I go to the dr tomorrow - we'll see how large I'm measuring then. Hehe. I'm not trying to complain, I really am so lucky and feel so blessed that I am 34 weeks. I'm determined to just keep on going!! Well, at least until March...

1 comment:

Jenna said...

so glad to hear that you are doing so well still. i need to come visit you ASAP. I am sure i will love the freezing temps in your house!! :)