Thursday, December 2, 2010

22.5 Weeks

Last week I had a dr appointment with my perinatologist. I am now going every week to see one of my doctors. What a pain. At least they are keeping good tabs on the boys ;) I invited Steve, Linda and Lindsay to join me so they could see the babies on the good ultrasound machine. It was definitely my WORST appointment so far. I almost fainted THREE times! Literally, I started to get hot, my blood pressure shot up and I was hyperventilating. I felt nauseous and and extremely light-headed. The ultrasound tech immediately rolled me on my side and tried to continue with the ultrasound. This happened three times. Finally they just sent me home and I have to go back next week. Bummer. Usually those appointments are so cool - seeing those boys moving around and kicking each other. The dr said that almost fainting is normal - because I was lying flat flat flat on back and my huge uterus was weighing down and pressing on my vena cava (a big artery that runs up and down by your spine) and my babies were cutting off my blood supply. Still, it was scary. And so annoying since I had family there that wanted to see the boys! They were still able to see the boys a little bit.

I of course questioned the ultrasound tech over and over again - "You're sure they are boys, right?" She said she is 100% positive. Two boys. Especially Baby B who was not being shy about his manhood. He was somehow spread eagle the whole time.

The good news is that both babies have passed the One Pound mark. Baby A weighing about 1 lb. 3 oz. and Baby B weighing 1 lb. 1 oz. My first milestone will be when I hit 24 weeks next Saturday. Then, apparently, my boys will have their first real survival rate if they were to be delivered after that point, which of course would still be horrible. We are really aiming for 37 weeks :-)

I have been feeling mostly great. My energy is good and I'm not sick or anything. My sciatic nerve in both legs has been terrible though. Yuck. My friend is a massage therapist and she had me over to her house and she worked on some pressure points in my back and legs on Sunday night. I barely had any pain on Monday or Tuesday. It was AMAZING. Plus I only wear these expensive orthopedic shoes, at all times inside and outside. They also are saving me.

The worst part about my pregnancy so far is all of the rude comments I get from people ALL THE TIME. Even my friends. Seriously. I know that I am really large for only being 4 months along, but I have TWO BABIES people! And this is my THIRD pregnancy! I guess its partly my fault because I was about 10 lbs overweight when I got pregnant. But I do NOT need to hear it from other people. Why can't people just ask me about my health or the babies without commenting on my size? Just no comments. That would be best.

And unfortunately there is this stinking adorable, really tiny and super cute girl in my ward who is also pregnant with twins. What are the chances? She is just a few weeks behind me but has NO belly yet. Its disgusting. And I mean that in the nicest way Jenna ;-) But seriously? Why am I always pregnant at the same time with super skinny people? Like my BF Allison - oh for heavens sake that was a disaster. She looked like she was a full two months behind me and our due dates were only ONE DAY APART. Ugh. Whatever. Its just going to get worse.

I don't have any stretch marks yet - Yay! And I can feel these boys moving all the time. They are so much fun to feel right now. No hard kicks or jabs yet. Jada felt the boys moving for the first time when I was 21 weeks. She was soooo excited. She truly is an angel sometimes. And she is so excited about these boys! Thank goodness. I need her positivity and prayers, she is so thoughtful and great.

Anyways, I have two dr appointments next week. One to make up for the bad ultrasound last week. After that, I'll being going once a week to alternating doctors. Geez. I just hope everything stays healthy and I'll get the OK to travel for Christmas!!! We're supposed to go to OHIO :-)

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

I'm pretty sure when you are 22.5 weeks along you are 5 months, so don't be so hard on yourself. You look great, and you are way skinny. I hate being bigger than I want to be though, so I know the feeling. I also hate skinny pregnant girls.

Jenna said...

KIM!!! you look great :) SERIOUSLY. oh you just wait, i'm gonna be a fat un happy bump on the log in no time! Glad we get to be prego together with twinlets though :)

glad you had fun before during and after thanksgiving! it is SO fun to have family in town!!

Hope you continue to feel better and I promise I will ask you about your health when I see you! Oh man, I am embarrassed and hope I have not been one of those mean rude people commenting on your weight...I hope I haven't because that IS RUDE!! You look FAB. dear!

Em said...

Oh Kim! I totally know what you mean about being pregnant at the same time with 2 super cute and skinny girls...remember I was pregnant with You and Crystal...and you both stayed super tiny. I think your prego pics are adorable! HHang in there! Love Ya!

Natasha and Jesse said...

Kim, I don't know if you remember me or not, but we used to go to Girl's Camp together in Columbus Ohio.

Congrats on the twins!! You are the third person that I know right now that is having twins. The babies want to come to earth!

Natasha M.