We had a fantastic Thanksgiving - the celebration lasted all week long! (But that's nothing new around here, as every holiday/bday seem to last for at least a week in our house). I am slightly challenged sometimes because I often get so caught up in the moment that I forget to step back and take a PHOTO!!! Arg! Hopefully that won't be happening any more, now that I have a new camera... ;)
Well, my in-laws decided they needed to enjoy some Florida sun so they drove down from Georgia the weekend before Thanksgiving. My mother and sister-in-law and I spent the week shopping. Really, almost the whole week. We mostly shopped for craft supplies - shocking, as I am soooo not a crafty girl. But my adorable sis is super artistic and creative. She helped me redecorate my girls' bedroom. I decided to put the girls into the larger of our two bedrooms and turn the smaller room into the boys' nursery. This turned out to be an enormous job and I'm still not finished!! My father recently introduced us to "Fancy Nancy" and the girls and I are in LOVE with these books! They are hilarious! And since we are about to have two male members enter our family - we decided that we needed to make their bedroom as girlie and frilly and PINK as possible. It's awesome. I want to live in there. My camera (at the time) is horrible so I will post photos when we are all finished, and when I learn to take photos with my new camera.
Monday my in-laws were nice enough to accompany Jada to preschool! She was beyond excited to show them the ropes and they came home wiped out after the three hours. hehe. Lindsay and I went to the mall :) Once again, no photos. Darn.
Tuesday we all went to the beach. Jada played hooky from school :) It was the PERFECT day. Sunny and warm but still breezy - I mean it was in the high 80s. Seriously, I love Florida.
My girls with their Auntie Lindsay :) I think my girls are trying to pose or something...
The Wernli boys just can NOT sit still at the beach. Ever. So Steve decided to pretend his legs were run over by a 4 wheeler, and Chris built a sand castle complex. They are such silly boys. But everyone had a great time.

Tuesday was also Steve & Linda's 31st Anniversary. Lindsay babysat (nice girl) and Chris and I took Steve & Linda down to South Beach. We walked and shopped on Lincoln Ave and then had dinner at Smith & Wollensky's right on the intercoastal where the boats leave the port. We saw the sunset and enjoyed the fabulous food. 
Our table was outside right next to the water and by the end of the night we were surrounded by stray cats! Chris kept feeding them - it was ridiculous.
When we got home, Chris' brother Tyler had arrived! Yeah! We love him. Jada said to me one day "Kalle is in love with Jason, and I am in love with Tyler!" Isn't that so cute? Both boys are their uncles!
Wednesday we played some Rock Band, did more shopping, got some pre-Thanksgiving prep and went to the movie Tangled. It was cute. The mom was really creepy though... Then my sister and her boyfriend flew in from Washington DC! Yay! I was soooo happy to spend time with them, they are awesome and so much fun.
Thursday - Turkey Day! This was such a weird day. Because there was hardly any cooking going on!! Strange, right? First Chris, Tyler and Adam played football for HOURS in the morning - they loved it. The weather was hot and sunny and they all got sunburned and had a blast. Then they met us at the pool. I can't believe I brought my crappy camera and forgot to take a single picture!! Who goes swimming on Thanksgiving?? Well, we do! We were swimming all morning it was so fun. The afternoon was spent lounging outside on my driveway on lawn chairs while Chris and his dad fried up a turkey. Most of my neighbors were outside too so the kids were all running around in the cul-de-sac.
It was so weird. But sooo awesome! My sister and her bfriend were in the kitchen for a little bit making a pie, but other than that - the kitchen stayed pretty empty! Ha! But then somehow all of that pre-Thanksgiving prep paid off when we sat down to eat dinner...everything was fantastic!! I can't even explain it, just such a relaxing, stress-less day with a phenomenal dinner. So weird. And the TURKEY! Oh it was soooo good. I can't believe its all gone, all 24 pounds of it! This was Chris' first time frying a turkey by himself and I'm so proud of him - it really was awesome.
That night started my weekend of after-Thanksgiving crazy shopping. I went and bought a Christmas tree 50% off at a Turkey Day door buster sale. Only two left. Whoo-Hoo! I love it.
Black Friday. I was just too tired to get up at 4 and stand in line. So I left around 8am. Perfect. I didn't wait in any lines, and amazingly, everything I wanted was still available! I bought my new camera! This is my first ever Digital SLR. The first and only nice camera I have ever owned I received as a birthday present when I turned 16. I loved that thing. I even majored in photography and got my Associates Degree in photography. But the world of film is slow, small and unappreciated these days. I am thrilled about my new Canon! I just have to figure out how to work it ;-) And I got some other great things... Lindsay got a cricut! I wasn't convinced at first, but I ended up loving it. And Lindsay put it to very good use around my house all weekend!
When I got home from some shopping, everyone was playing and not really paying attention to Kalle. I found her sitting at her little kid table eating breakfast. A 72 oz. bag of chocolate chips from Costco! Someone left the enormous bag on the kitchen counter, Kalle pulled it down (spilling half of it, thankfully, on the floor) and took it to her table to eat by the fistfuls for her breakfast. After I screamed, I got my camera. This is her 'explanation' of the whole event...
Well, my in-laws decided they needed to enjoy some Florida sun so they drove down from Georgia the weekend before Thanksgiving. My mother and sister-in-law and I spent the week shopping. Really, almost the whole week. We mostly shopped for craft supplies - shocking, as I am soooo not a crafty girl. But my adorable sis is super artistic and creative. She helped me redecorate my girls' bedroom. I decided to put the girls into the larger of our two bedrooms and turn the smaller room into the boys' nursery. This turned out to be an enormous job and I'm still not finished!! My father recently introduced us to "Fancy Nancy" and the girls and I are in LOVE with these books! They are hilarious! And since we are about to have two male members enter our family - we decided that we needed to make their bedroom as girlie and frilly and PINK as possible. It's awesome. I want to live in there. My camera (at the time) is horrible so I will post photos when we are all finished, and when I learn to take photos with my new camera.
Monday my in-laws were nice enough to accompany Jada to preschool! She was beyond excited to show them the ropes and they came home wiped out after the three hours. hehe. Lindsay and I went to the mall :) Once again, no photos. Darn.
Tuesday we all went to the beach. Jada played hooky from school :) It was the PERFECT day. Sunny and warm but still breezy - I mean it was in the high 80s. Seriously, I love Florida.

Tuesday was also Steve & Linda's 31st Anniversary. Lindsay babysat (nice girl) and Chris and I took Steve & Linda down to South Beach. We walked and shopped on Lincoln Ave and then had dinner at Smith & Wollensky's right on the intercoastal where the boats leave the port. We saw the sunset and enjoyed the fabulous food. Wednesday we played some Rock Band, did more shopping, got some pre-Thanksgiving prep and went to the movie Tangled. It was cute. The mom was really creepy though... Then my sister and her boyfriend flew in from Washington DC! Yay! I was soooo happy to spend time with them, they are awesome and so much fun.
Thursday - Turkey Day! This was such a weird day. Because there was hardly any cooking going on!! Strange, right? First Chris, Tyler and Adam played football for HOURS in the morning - they loved it. The weather was hot and sunny and they all got sunburned and had a blast. Then they met us at the pool. I can't believe I brought my crappy camera and forgot to take a single picture!! Who goes swimming on Thanksgiving?? Well, we do! We were swimming all morning it was so fun. The afternoon was spent lounging outside on my driveway on lawn chairs while Chris and his dad fried up a turkey. Most of my neighbors were outside too so the kids were all running around in the cul-de-sac.
Black Friday. I was just too tired to get up at 4 and stand in line. So I left around 8am. Perfect. I didn't wait in any lines, and amazingly, everything I wanted was still available! I bought my new camera! This is my first ever Digital SLR. The first and only nice camera I have ever owned I received as a birthday present when I turned 16. I loved that thing. I even majored in photography and got my Associates Degree in photography. But the world of film is slow, small and unappreciated these days. I am thrilled about my new Canon! I just have to figure out how to work it ;-) And I got some other great things... Lindsay got a cricut! I wasn't convinced at first, but I ended up loving it. And Lindsay put it to very good use around my house all weekend!
When I got home from some shopping, everyone was playing and not really paying attention to Kalle. I found her sitting at her little kid table eating breakfast. A 72 oz. bag of chocolate chips from Costco! Someone left the enormous bag on the kitchen counter, Kalle pulled it down (spilling half of it, thankfully, on the floor) and took it to her table to eat by the fistfuls for her breakfast. After I screamed, I got my camera. This is her 'explanation' of the whole event...
Steph and Adam went fishing in the Keys, Chris and I should've joined them but I have just been getting so huge and uncomfortable I just couldn't imagine enjoying myself on a fishing boat all day. Bummer. But they had a great time, and still came back with enough time to hang out with us before they had to leave :)
All in all it was wonderful. I wish I had more photos. And I am exhausted.



No comments:
Post a Comment