Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween 2010

I am so grateful that my parents were here to celebrate Halloween with us. Not only did they babysit for us, they also took care of all of the messy parts!

Chris and I went to a Halloween party Saturday night (no new costumes this year, I was just too tired to be creative I guess)
While we were gone Jada and Kalle carved pumpkins with my mom and dad!Jada is holding out some of the slimy pumpkin seeds (which no one else seemed to like, so I ate all of them!)
Jada has turned into quite a little poser :-) I think its so cute. She is crazy about taking photos with the camera and being in photos. She keeps saying, "Take me doing this" or "How about I cross my feet like this" and then she has to see the photo and critique it. Jada is such a girl. I love it.
Jada is a little candy corn witch (sort of) and I squeezed my big self into this tiny festive shirt I bought last year - probably not a great idea since it is now sooo stretched out. Oh well.

Then on Halloween day we decided to lay low since it was Sunday. First we took some photos with our neighborhood friends outside......and then went back inside and passed out candy instead of trick-or-treating. The funny thing was that of course Kalle didn't understand what she was missing out on, and Jada was way more excited about passing out candy than getting candy!! Crazy!? I know. Fortunately too, our best friends the Tolberts came over just in time. Here is me and my BF Allison with our combined 5 kids! Allison's new baby Cole just finally out-numbered us, 5 kids to 4 parents. But next year there will be SEVEN kids! What were we thinking? Chris and I met Rick and Allison exactly 5 years ago in October. We had ZERO kids between us then (just Jada and Carson on the way ;-) My oh my, how the times have changed. I have a feeling that the number 7 (number of kids between the 4 of us) may just end up staying that way for a long time...like forever!Well luckily for us, Jada and Carson teamed-up and manned the candy bowls at the door. Every time the doorbell rang they yelled "Customers!!" They were literally giving out handfuls and handfuls of candy to each kid! Hahaha. We didn't get too many trick-or-treaters, but the ones that came to our house were sure lucky!!

My girls like to jump on their dad - and Carson got suckered into it too. I just love this picture. So typical. Poor sweet Carson, totally out-numbered by the girls, getting fingers shoved in his eyeballs and still smiling ;-) I'm so glad that Jada has such a wonderful, nice boyfriend!

No comments: