Friday, October 29, 2010

Wernli's Go Western!

At our church's 'Fall Harvest Festival', we arrived in style...(Western Style)...I absolutely love Halloween and I love dressing up. Fortunately, so do my kids and my super fun husband! I have honestly been thinking about family-themed Halloween costumes since last year and I thought that I had the BEST idea ever, until Jada vetoed it. So I decided, I guess Halloween is more for the kids anyways, I'll just let her decide what she wants to be this year and then work with it for the rest of us. Big mistake. Jada literally changed her mind every single day for over a month! It was getting really out of hand and I had wasting tons of time searching on-line for different costumes and ideas that became irrelevant the next morning.

Finally, Chris and I said "Today is the Day" and she had to make a decision. She picked "Cowgirl." We ran with it.

I've learned that anything not sewn onto or strapped onto your kids will absolutely come off and become trampled or lost (i.e. a stick horse, cowgirl hat, even cowgirl boots!) Next year, everything will be sewn, glued or tied down to my girls' costumes with no exceptions! I ended up holding all kinds of paraphernalia all night long, and my girls ceased to look like cowgirls after the first 5 minutes of the party! Ridiculous. But cute, nonetheless.

This was after a very very long school night party. Chris was inside cleaning up or something awful and the girls and I were stuck in the car waiting. At least we had a LOT of candy to keep us occupied! They were sooooo sugared up and hyper it was crazy ;-)


I hadn't taken a belly shot for a few weeks I think so here I am at 17 weeks - but this is a really poor angle, I look WAY bigger than this. And no, I'm not arching my back and sticking out my bum, my bum has grown outwards quite significantly lately. Awesome.

2 comments:

Chad, Melanie and Layla said...

What darling outfits! I'm sorry we missed seeing them. You look amazing! So excited for you.

Andi said...

You all look so darling! And Kimberly, you look so beautiful.