Friday, October 22, 2010

Kalle is Three!

Three years old! Yay! We just love our Kalle Bug. I wish that we had done something a little more exciting for her birthday this year but Jada was sooooo sick with both a bacterial infection and a viral infection which made celebrating a little more challenging. But birthdays in our house seem to last for weeks on end so I'm sure we'll be doing something fun soon :)

Friday morning, Oct 22nd we woke Kalle with singing and a few presents. She was absolutely thrilled! I honestly think that Kalle believes every day is her birthday so when we were finally playing along - she was ecstatic! We had breakfast as a family (sans Jada, who laid on the floor next to us looking like she wanted to die) and then Chris took Jada to the doctors office (for the fourth time in a month!)

I helped Kalle into her new pink tutu and we headed to dance class. Well, kind of. Let me explain, Kalle has been taking a dance class for the last two months. But, I think she has finally quit. I've been practically forcing her to go to this class and she has cried all morning before she goes. Which actually isn't too unusual for her, because Kalle cries practically every time we leave the house. She loooooves being at home. Especially when she is watching movies - yikes! (that will come in handy when the twins are born I suspect ;)) So, when its Kalle's birthday and she refuses to go to dance class - again - what am I to do? Instead, we met up with all of her friends from dance class and we all went to Yogurt Land to celebrate Kalle's birthday!Since everyone else had just left dance class - Yogurt Land was full of these adorable ballerinas covered in ice cream! It was just precious. I just love the fact that when you're a kid, the color of your ice cream is way more important than the flavor :-)Kalle's trying to carry one of her new gifts - a pink princess scooter!
After Yogurt Land we hurried home and Chris had to immediately assemble Kalle's new scooter. She tried to be helpful but I'm sure it took him twice as long with Kalle's assistance ;-)Jada decided to have energy for about 15 min - just long enough to survey all of Kalle's new gifts (which she was not allowed to touch with her germy hands, poor kid)Jada didn't last long, she was sick all day and all night. Yuck. Chris and I were pretty much consumed with taking care of Jada and cleaning up after her when all of the sudden it was bedtime and we never even had a birthday cake for Kalle! I completely forgot!! Kalle came to me and said she wanted a chocolate chip pancake. So, a daughter after my own heart, Chris and I sang Happy Birthday to our little sweetheart over a chocolate chip pancake, smothered in peanut butter and syrup. no candles :-(But Kalle - was happy. Wow. What a great kid.

Kalle Roy Wernli at age Three...

-completely mischievous
-incredibly fun
-lazy talker, we can mostly understand her if she wants us too, but she often mumbles undecipherable phrases
-great napper
-wakes up every night screaming (night terrors or nightmares? we don't know)
-stubborn
-she loves dairy products and meats but her favorite foods are anything Italian, oh and chocolate and candy and ice cream too :)
-hates almost every vegetable with a passion except for peas and corn
-currently obsessed with whales
-she talks 'whale talk' like Dorie from Finding Nemo
-loves Disney Princesses
-things that she really likes she calls "meschy" (sp?) which we have no idea what that is
-loves Dinosaur Train
-would watch movies all day if she were allowed
-jumps everywhere, and shes really good at it too landing on both feet perfectly almost every time
-likes balls of all shapes, including rocks which she calls her pet soap
-likes carrying things in purses or bags or containers
-shes a hoarder, she hides things everywhere - under her pillow, under her shirt, in her panties (ew!) and pockets, corners, cupboards, behind her back like she is a squirrel
-takes cheap shots at her sister when she thinks no one is looking
-everything that she likes or is happy about is "so wonderful" to Kalle
-likes horses
-very touchy-feely wanting to hold your face to talk to you or hold your finger and make you walk with her to see what she wants to show you
-can't stand the word no, she pouts every time she hears that word
-makes a grand entrance every time saying things like "Surprise!" or "Ta-Da!" or "Good Morning!"
-loves playing 'dog' with Jada and carries a 'leash' around calling to her saying "come her boys!"
-she scolds every dog that barks saying "no pollo!" (Apollo is her Nana's dog in GA)
-loves birthdays, everything about them; cakes, presents, singing Happy Birthday and blowing out candles, but mostly the cake I think
-loves wearing boots with no socks
-likes to carry an opened umbrella above her head even when its not raining or even if we are indoors or in the car, she watched fireworks for the 4th of July from under an umbrella
-most of Kalle's friends are random toys or inanimate objects, she really doesn't care too much about other kids or what other kids are doing, she usually is a loner and she is happy that way
-but she does say Hi to random strangers (usually adults) and calls them all her friends, I think people love that about her
-loves to wrestle with her dad and her sister, literally
-she is very active and difficult to contain
-she is the bravest swimmer and couldn't love being completely submerged under the water with her eyes wide open more, even in the ocean!
-totally fearless, she is not afraid of thunder, the dark, being alone or strangers - and she really isn't afraid of bugs, spiders, alligators, lizards and other yucky creatures
-the best word to describe her is = AWESOME
-the word most used to describe her is = STINKER

Kalle Roy Wernli at age Three... is already the entertainment in our household. She is hilarious and she is always doing something worth watching. We really get a lot of laughs out of this child, even though I feel like I am going crazy most of the time!

When we found out we were having twins, one of the first things Chris said was "If we get two more Kalles, we probably won't survive." One Kalle is sure enough for us! But at the end of the day, we wouldn't have it any other way :-)

2 comments:

Leah McChesney said...

aawww what a nice post! Happy (belated) birthday to Kalle!

Stephanie said...

So cute! Thanks for this important update on my super awesome niece. I knew a lot of these but not all of them, so thanks for sharing! I can't wait to snuggle her in person.