Sunday, September 12, 2010

3rd Night In a Row

...so my girls are sick. I am sick. And Chris is out of town. He fortunately comes home today but I have gotten little sleep the past three nights while he has been gone. Kalle had the hottest fever of her life both Thursday night AND Friday night with temps reaching up to 103.2 and 103.5! Unbelievable. I took her to the dr and she has strep throat but I'm not convinced the antibiotic is working - which by the way is flavorless and smells HORRIBLE. She consistently spits it out and fights me to take it which is also horrible. Last night was really rough, all three of us ended up with fevers and were crying...there has been lots of tears in my house this weekend. I just had the dr call in a prescription for Jada who now has a sore throat and an ear ache. Oh joy. Please just pray that I don't have strep throat too since it would be too dangerous to put me on antibiotics!

On a positive note, I actually hosted a baby shower at my house yesterday admidst all of this craziness and I was so stressed I didn't enjoy any of it. But wouldn't you know that a lady from my church came over at the very end and saw that I was on the verge of a breakdown (which did happen). She literally kicked everyone out of my house and then she cleaned my entire kitchen and my kids' play room and took out all the garbage so I could take care of me and the girls. I don't even know her very well! What an angel. True Christianity. I'm emotional just thinking about it. I hope I will remember to pay it forward someday, multiple times.

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

I'm crying reading this. You poor girl. I hate days like that. Especially pregnant with twins (which I have never experienced!).

Hang in there...

lisa h. said...

that was wonderful of that woman to help you out!! that's exactly the kind of people you need around you!

btw if you ask your doc they can just give your kids a shot for strep throat and then you don't have to battle meds for 10 days etc and it will work much faster. most peds won't offer the shot unless you ask....

lisa h. said...

they should be able to give you something for strep...amoxicillin...I had strep a few times pregnant and took it. but I hope you don't get it, it is so horrible. sorry about your girls, high fevers are scary.

whitney allison said...

Well that just SUCKS! I'm so sorry. Being pregnant and sick and a single mom is pretty much a lethal combo!

Becky said...

Yuck! I'm so sorry. I hope you get better soon. We have had strep 2 times this year (first time in my life) and Johnny was the only one that hasn't gotten it each time.
I hope Chris gets home fast and takes care of you!