Monday, August 30, 2010

Golden Birthday

Happy Birthday Christopher!!! Today is Christopher's golden birthday - he turned 30 on the 30th! I planned a surprise this weekend for Chris, I had his three brothers and his father all fly or drive down here for a 'Wernli Boy Weekend' :-) They went golfing, played football in the street, ate crab, played Mario Kart, watched a movie on Chris' new TV, and we watched a slide show that my in-laws put together of pictures from their childhood! They laughed at themselves so much! But the most exciting part of the trip was Saturday when I secretly chartered them a fishing boat! They spent a full day deep sea fishing out of Ft. Lauderdale! They caught tons of fish (which we're still eating ;) including TWO SAILFISH! Apparently, its not sailfish season at all and even if it were, catching TWO in one day is incredibly rare. The boys I think all had a fun weekend together, which was what I was hoping for. I was pretty much sick all weekend and lying in bed so I didn't really join in any of the boy-bonding time...which was probably a good thing ;-)

I love you Christopher! I hope this was your best birthday ever!!!

P.S. When I figure out how to scan some photos they took on the fishing boat then I'll post them...someday :-)

No comments: