Monday, May 17, 2010

Jada's Talk

Jada gave her first talk at church during Primary yesterday. Chris helped her prepare it and knelt down with her in front of the kids while she said her memorized talk. She didn't have pictures or anything, but she really did have it mostly memorized. She was so sweet and spoke very clearly. The microphone has been broken for years so she tried to talk loudly, it was adorable. So tonight for Family Home Evening I took a video of her saying her talk again so that we could share it with our family. And of course, I made her put on her church dress again - which she was more than happy to do :)

The one minute video starts off pretty dark but just keep watching, it lightens up quickly.



In our faith there are 13 basic points that outline our beliefs called the Articles of Faith. Jada's talk is based on Article of Faith number 4 which states,
"We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost."

To learn more about our church visit one of these amazing websites :
mormon.org or lds.org

6 comments:

Mallory Fielding said...

WHAT!! THAT WAS THE CUTEST THING EVER!!! I loved this post and I LOVED her talk. I am so impressed with your girls. Jada is amazing. I love the sweet testimonies of the kids.

Chelsea said...

Kim, she is adorable. I'm impressed with her speaking skills! But I shouldn't be surprised, knowing her parents.

Becky said...

Too cute! Seriously!

Stephanie said...

Yay Jada! She's the best!!!

Leah McChesney said...

So stinkin cute! Thanks for sharing.

nikki said...

That was awesome and so adorable!!! I love it. Way to go mom and dad for teaching her right and way to go Jada for memorizing it with such flare! She is the best!