(pretty much my favorite photo of Kalle, ever!)
She did it! Kalle is pretty much potty-trained :-) My lacrosse team's season just ended so I finally felt like I had some time to devote to this stubborn child. Kalle is almost two and a half! Jada was fully potty-trained at 2...(our little brain child)I officially started potty-training Kalle one week ago today. I followed the model in this book fairly closely :
I loved the concept when I read it (two years ago!) but I couldn't remember all the details so I adjusted what I remembered to fit my crazy kid. The first day was the hardest - Kalle peed EVERYWHERE! Fortunately, we have tile floors - but both of our couches got hit too! Yuck! It was a very messy, almost discouraging day until Chris and Jada came home from work (I made Chris take Jada with him to work for the day so I wouldn't have any distractions) and for some reason it all of the sudden clicked with Kalle! Well, I did try really hard and planned really well. And I am quite proud of myself (is that allowed?) Hopefully, she won't revert back to babyhood or something awful ;)Kalle Roy at 2 1/2 : No more paci, potty-trained, and sleeping in her big girl bunk bed with Jada! Her speech has improved DRAMATICALLY since we took away her pacifier and I'm glad that she has been able to take another huge step towards being a big kid! We love you Kalle! And we are so proud of you!



5 comments:
Kim email me the concept behind the book...if you have time. I am starting potty training TOMORROW (Wednesday), and I'm determined to do it this time. He's never gone on the potty before, so I'm nervous. I need advice!
That picture is hilarious. Good for you! I do not look forward to the potty training days, and I hear boys are harder than girls!!! UGH. You should be proud of yourself, that's dedication, I mean, you survived pee on both couches? Gold star.
This is great, because I am about to potty train my two yr old and I was looking for a book. Your little girls are just so cute!
I think I will try this book. I need some help here! I'm over James peeing his pants already! At least we have #2 down good. I'll have to order this book asap.
I just ordered this book to take it home with me next week. I hope it works in a day!
Post a Comment