Friday, November 13, 2009

Pumpkin Palette Palace

Yes, I am a month behind in posting, but how could I not record in my blogger journal about our pumpkin picking experience? We went to our local pumpkin "patch" at the Lutheran church parking lot down the street and "picked" our pumpkins right out of the "hay" and right off of the wooden palettes! Its almost hilarious! I saw so many of my friends' blogs all over the country out in these beautiful fields taking hay rides and romping around in the dirt picking out gorgeous looking pumpkins! We still managed to have a fun time at our "Pumpkin Palette Palace" as we affectionately have named our "patch" :-)
I'm loving the side pony these days...

We took turns taking photos with our kids. Chris gets a small smile...(and even a nod in the right direction)
AND he gets cuddling! (I'm jealous)
Me on the other hand, bribe our girls with all sorts of goodies but still I get grimaces and tears...
Looks like I'm torturing Jada in this one! I'm mean, c'mon! I even bought us matching-ish T-shirts just for these photos! Arrrrggghhh! Someday my kids will look at photos of their childhood and think I must've been a mean mommy because they are never smiling when their with me!!
Oh well. This one is a KEEPER!

2 comments:

Becky said...

That pic with you and your girls is so funny! There are enough pics of your kids smiling at you (behind the camera) for them to know that you are a great mommy!

JenSwen said...

Kim, you are so beautiful. And we know your girls love you despite the pictures! I agree, that last pic is definitely a keeper. I'm jealous of the length of Jada's side ponytail!