Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I was asked to sing at a funeral held yesterday at my church. Hmmm.....are you laughing yet? If not, read on. This IS funny because...

1. I'm not a good singer.
2. I had never met the man whose funeral this was.
3. I'm an alto with a poor range.
4. I have a cold/cough.
5. Two of the four people in our "quartet" failed to show.
6. My duet partner is also an alto.
7. The song had no alto part. Only one part for a high soprano.
8. Did I mention I had no idea whose funeral this was?
9. I was asked to sing the day before.
10. Chris was working (as it was the middle of the day) so I brought my girls. The only children at the funeral.
11. I had to cut one nap short and skip the other completely but yes, they were such pleasant, well-behaved children. (ha!)
12. This is the song we sang...Laughing yet? Imagine my tired, crabby kids running around in the back of the chapel while I (with a terrible range and a yucky cold) and trying to sing a duet with another alto to this classic rock song at a funeral of a man I've never heard of. I hope your laughing now :)

No comments: