Thursday, May 28, 2009

Lion Country Safari

My parents can't stay away from their adorable granddaughters (the only two they have) for very long so they decided to come back to Florida to visit us again! Yeah! We LOVE having company...we have not had a day without at least one guest in our home since the first of February!!! Here's Jada in the kitchen washing potatoes with her Grammy...
And then eating lots of cookies with her Grandpa...
My girls wore their Easter dresses again to show off their cuteness to their gracious grandparents...(so cute! I love Kalle's grin:)
Then we drove up to this awesome mini-zoo place called Lion Country Safari where you drive around the zoo in your car and the animals walk all over right next to you. We had to stop for a herd of zebra to cross in front of us!
After the drive-through zoo there was a park with rides and food and more animals that we walked through (sans stroller...oops! Notice Kalle on Chris' shoulders?) Here we are on the top of the Ferris wheel...
And on the carousel (I just like this pic because I look skinny! Ha! Which I so am not...yet anyways...)
Jada LOVES carousels and she literally waves her hand at everyone around like she is Miss America! Who teaches them these things?? Here I am mimicking her and laughing. Jada was sooo funny!!
We even got to feed giraffes! Jada was too scared but Kalle LOVED it! She would've stood there all day and the biggest giraffe was crazy about her. He kept sticking his long, slimy black tongue all over her hands and arms and she didn't flinch.
Kalle is so brave.

It was a fun weekend! Except for the accident...details to follow...

2 comments:

Leah McChesney said...

Catching up on your blog Kim (and Chris :)). Miss you all!

lisa h. said...

i was thinking the same thing about you...being skinny...except you probably are even if you say that is a flattering pic! I'm getting my tonsils out in a few weeks and hoping to drop some lbs since I won't be eating solid food for a while!