I just needed to give a quick shout-out to this wonderful entity. My girls and I were on our way home this morning when I decided (against my better judgement) that a short stop at Whole Foods to pick up some pancake mix would be no problem. Though I knew Kalle was already over-tired and hungry I still decided to stop at the market. We were really only there for about 10-15 minutes but that was long enough for Kalle to throw a few bags of chips on the ground, have at least three head-banging on the floor tantrums, and roughly try-on a few pairs of eyeglasses with smudgy fingers. We were next in the check-out line and I turned my back for a moment to replace the eyeglasses on their stand when I hear CRASH! Kalle had grabbed a huge glass of dark red wine from a display by the check-out counter and dropped it on the hard floor.The employees at Whole Foods were amazing. I immediately had to pick up my two sandal-wearing kids and get them away from the seeping puddle of purple excitement and the dangerously sharp shattered glass strewn all over the area. The pregnant cashier came rushing over with a large Caution sign and another cashier made an announcement over the speaker. Now this could've been some embarrassing "Clean-up on Aisle 3" thing but it was some other quiet unassuming code that sent a couple other smiling employees my direction to help clean up and move the other precariously placed wine bottles out of harm's way. The good news is that the broken bottle of wine was not nearly as expensive as I had guessed and though I offered to pay for it multiple times the manager refused saying it was their fault and their store policy not to charge customers for "accidents". So I paid for my three items and hurried home. I was so impressed with the employees at Whole Foods. They didn't draw unnecessary attention to my bright red face or try to blame my clearly at fault child at all. How can I thank Whole Foods for handling that embarrassing situation so smoothly and kindly? I'm spreading the word. Thank you Whole Foods Market. I'll be back.



1 comment:
Just stopping by to catch up on the Wernli Family! Looks like everything is going very well! :) I look forward to reading more about your wonderful family.
Post a Comment