Monday, April 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Sisters!

I am so lucky because I have three fabulous sisters! All three are super fun, extremely beautiful and live far away from me :-( And, all three of my sister's have a birthday this month. That's why April is my sisters' birthday month!
Lindsay celebrated her sweet sixteenth birthday on Sunday April 5th! Lindsay is Christopher's little sister, the poor girl grew up with four older brothers and waited 11 years until she got her first sister - ME! Lindsay is hilarious, often the center of attention, friends with everyone, a professional tanner, a fabulous babysitter, a Varsity cheerleader, and stinking good at doing hair and make-up! Lindsay is also a zebra print fanatic - so my current blog background choice is in honor of her. Wish we could've surprised you for your burfday sis!! Cassie will be a quarter of a century next week on April 18th! (that's the big 25) Cassie is married to my husband's brother Brandon, and they have two beautiful daughters (my girls only cousins :-) Like me, Cassie is a sun lover since she's from Arizona but she's being a trooper and still living in Utah! Cassie is a twin, youngest of a huge family, an avid reader, and a fabulous violinist. She has been twice to visit us in Florida and I have only been to Utah once! We'll be together this summer though :-) Happy Birthday Cassie! I met my sister Stephanie 25 years ago when she was born in Seoul, Korea on April 27th. I was just 22 months older than her and I like to think that we've been the best of friends since that day. Stephanie is my only sibling which has made our relationship precious. We've had so many fun adventures together from when I pushed her off the stairs in our basement and she landed on her head and had a black eye to just a few months ago when we went to Israel together with our parents. Stephanie is like a magnet. She attracts every kind of person - everyone wants to be around her because she is ridiculously fun. She has this amazing ability to make everyone around her feel special, she is such a thoughtful, kind person and a true friend. Stephanie lives in Arlington, VA and works in DC in the Senate building on Capitol Hill. And she is coming to visit me this weekend!!! I can't wait! Love ya Sis! This is Allison. Allison is my best friend. And since Allison is like my fourth sister it is only fitting that she has a birthday in April too! On the 21st Allison will be...well...not 30!!! Yeah! That's still a few years away for us but our husbands won't be so lucky soon :-) Allison's husband is my husband's best friend and her son Carson is my Jada's best friend. How fun is that? All of that greatness aside, Allison is kind and caring, tender-hearted and concerned for others. She is an inspiring, amazing mother and she never ever says anything negative about anyone else. She always manages to find the good in every sour situation and patiently listens to me rant and complain about tons of silly trivial things. Allison makes me want to be a better person. I am so grateful for my sister Allison.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

That is so sweet! Thanks, sis!

The Tolberts said...

Sniff.... you are the best! What a thoughtful and much needed post, and how funny that we all have birthdays in April? I can't wait to hangout more now that you are done with lacrosse!!!