When Jada was younger I was easily able to photograph her smiling, laughing and looking at the camera. I have at least a THOUSAND photos of her adorable, smilely babyhood. But now she has entered this un-fun three-year-old stage lately though where everything I say is questioned with a "Why?" and every photo opportunity is thwarted by a sideways half-grin thing like this typical pic...
Now Kalle on the other hand has NEVER enjoyed having her picture taken and rarely even looks at the camera, let alone smiles in any direction close to the camera. Consequently, Kalle unfortunately has quite a small folder of photos documenting her first year and a half of life. This travesty (I keep telling myself) is not truly my fault but its really hers! This is usually the best I can get from my little deliberate photo-dodging daughter...
We were so lucky conference weekend when Christopher's Aunt & Uncle drove down to visit us from MICHIGAN!!! (They might've had a few other relatives to visit in Florida too - but the point is that they still DROVE out of the way to our house with their 5 boys!) We LOVE these McChesney's so of course we had to round every one up for a big photo on our front steps before they left. Imagine my dismay when I looked at the end result the following day...
So I'm left with a bunch of frustrating photos asking myself "Why did I wake up early on Easter Sunday and spend HOURS getting hair fixed and dresses pressed and shoes cleaned??" Who knows...but I'm sure I'll be doing the same hopeless charade again next year :-)
Now Kalle on the other hand has NEVER enjoyed having her picture taken and rarely even looks at the camera, let alone smiles in any direction close to the camera. Consequently, Kalle unfortunately has quite a small folder of photos documenting her first year and a half of life. This travesty (I keep telling myself) is not truly my fault but its really hers! This is usually the best I can get from my little deliberate photo-dodging daughter...
We were so lucky conference weekend when Christopher's Aunt & Uncle drove down to visit us from MICHIGAN!!! (They might've had a few other relatives to visit in Florida too - but the point is that they still DROVE out of the way to our house with their 5 boys!) We LOVE these McChesney's so of course we had to round every one up for a big photo on our front steps before they left. Imagine my dismay when I looked at the end result the following day...
See Grant holding up his cup just above Chris' head? Is it a soda you wonder? Nope. There is a chameleon that he caught in our yard in there.

Look at Hudson's foot sticking right up in front of the camera in the center! I mean you just have to laugh at that!!
Now I think some kids are born dodging photos like Kalle and others develop the sideways half-grin like Jada but I believe that all kids at some point decide to thwart their parent's good-intentioned desire to take decent-looking family photos. Maybe its a conspiracy amongst youngsters!! Who is teaching them this? Honestly.
Of the dozen family pictures we took for Easter - ONE of them had ONE of our children looking at the camera! In every other photo both of our girls were looking in opposite directions (though Jada was semi-smiling and saying the word "cheese" very loudly so that we falsely assumed she was being a fabulous poser and deserved lots of Easter candy for doing so...the stinker).
Now I think some kids are born dodging photos like Kalle and others develop the sideways half-grin like Jada but I believe that all kids at some point decide to thwart their parent's good-intentioned desire to take decent-looking family photos. Maybe its a conspiracy amongst youngsters!! Who is teaching them this? Honestly.
Of the dozen family pictures we took for Easter - ONE of them had ONE of our children looking at the camera! In every other photo both of our girls were looking in opposite directions (though Jada was semi-smiling and saying the word "cheese" very loudly so that we falsely assumed she was being a fabulous poser and deserved lots of Easter candy for doing so...the stinker). 


3 comments:
Smiling or not they are still super cute and you should not give up. They will thank you later for taking some pictures even if they don't thank you now.
That top picture of Jada is hilarious!! Sorry about your struggles to get a good shot though!
aunt! aaahhh, i feel so old, mark may be old enough to be chri's uncle but...:) so fun to see you guys, miss you ton's! next time we are staying longer and totally trashing your house!
Post a Comment