Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Cookie Flower Bouquet

A friend of mine was throwing a surprise birthday party and asked me if I would make some cookies. Me? I'm not an especially good cook or anything so I didn't quite understand why she asked me. But she remembered that I had made some cookies on lollipop sticks (purple pic on left) in January for my best friend Allison's baby shower, (my mom had given me the idea of course). Those really were not very difficult at all - they couldn't have been since I do not consider myself to be crafty, but I do think that I can be creative sometimes. And yes, I must toot my own horn because I do think that I have once again done something creative. And I made it! Ha! Almost laughable. I've been wondering for over a week how I can brag about my recent creation, and then "lightning, struck my brain!" Ah-Ha! My blog. Isn't this really why people have blogs anyways? To try to make themselves seem amazing? Well, that I guess is a whole topic in of itself. But this post really isn't about other people...hehe. The party was yellow and green (Tinkerbell kind of) and my friend wanted these cookies to look like flowers. So, look what I made...
I used a snowflake cookie cuter and of course, a store bought cookie mix. I just bought a flower pot, covered it in white paper, put a piece of floral foam inside and stuck in my individually wrapped cookies and added some ribbon! It was sooo cheap. Really, like 5 bucks because I already had the icing, food coloring, lollipop sticks and bags, and I of course used a Michaels 40% coupon for the pot! Turned out pretty cool, huh? Though I do think that the adorable little girl holding this flower pot is way cuter than the flower cookies :)

4 comments:

Becky said...

I think that blogs serve a few purposes and one of the most important is totally making ourselves seem cooler than we normally are.
They are also great for keeping family in the loop about things when you live far away.
I am very impressed by your "craftiness" and the cookie bouquet. Very cool.

Cameron/Melissa said...

That is so cool. I might have to steal that idea for something. It is great. So another good reason to blog is so that others can steal your good ideas.

whitney allison said...

Why can't I live near you so you can throw me amazing showers? If and when I ever get knocked up I'm coming to visit. Now I know that your friends there don't know me but you could tell them wonderful things about me, ya know...just to get some butts in the seats? Just a thought.

lisa h. said...

really fantastic! and you should totally toot your own horn. i'd say that's pretty crafty though, must be those enrichments wearing off on you!