We went to a 4th of July party that our friend's were throwing. Our assignment - bring fruit pizza in the shape of the American flag. Chris is arguably the better cook in our house but I'm the one who thought I knew how to make fruit pizza. So, I started making the flag cake and Chris started making a separate one with mostly leftovers. I think his actually turned out much cuter. But they were both fun and everyone loved them.
Yes, they did take hours, but Chris and I had tons of fun spending the day together in the kitchen making a humongous mess.
I used a Sugar Cookie crust, cream cheese whipped topping, meticulously sliced and gutted strawberries, hand-selected raspberries, blueberries and banana slices, a little coconut, mini marshmallows and Ghiradelli white chocolate chips!
Chris used the same - along with some kiwi, peaches and food coloring. Isn't it adorable! I loved it!
You might ask - Where were our children while all of this creativity was bursting? Sleeping. Jada had just come down with a UTI the day before and was fighting off fevers all day - and Kalle was teething (I think, though she still has yet to cut a single tooth at 8 months) and Kalle literally slept the ENTIRE day! (***This NEVER happens. EVER. Especially not when Chris is at work and I'm home alone with the girls. They never sleep at the the same time. But the day that Chris has work off and is home - they decide to sleep for hours on end making my life seem like a piece of cake to my husband!***)
Even though both of our girls weren't feeling their best - we just had to drag them out of bed to go to our friend's party! I mean, after all, we had just spent the day making pizzas! Jada perked up for about 15 minutes and we tried to do some sparklers, she wasn't a huge fan. But she did cheese it up for the camera once while snuggling with me!

We ended up going home early and putting our girls to bed, watching a few fireworks from our porch (in the drizzling rain) and then playing a game and going to bed early. Man, are we so married and boring now or what?



11 comments:
The "pizzas" look amazing. I love the fireworks on Chris' pizza. That was a great idea. Looks like you had lots of fun.
Both pizzas look awesome and now I am hungry.
Great job on the fruit pizzas!! Did you just use a regular sugar cookie recipe for the crust?
Those things are ridiculous! I'm glad you guys had a good time while both kids napped.
Those turned out awesome!
Missy! I love your cute blog! But I can't comment on it!? Whats your email??
Hi Chris! This is Jenna Gates (now Jenna Bennett). I happened upon your site while trying to find old friends from Ballston Spa. You have a beautiful family!
I noticed you are in South FL. My husband and I are headed down that way to visit my brother-in-law, sister-in-law, and nephew over the weekend of July 25-28. They live in Tamarac. Maybe we could all get together and catch up. Shoot me an email at jmbennett520@hotmail.com.
Hope you are doing well!
:-)
Jenna
Kim - just checking in, adorable family and it looks like you're having fun in Florida! My new married blog is thehardingfam.blogspot.com the other one is pretty much extinct. Hope all is well!
-Mackenzie
I think both pizza are great, and of course the day that Chris is home is the day the girls all sleep all day. Would you expect anything different. Sounds like a good 4th. Klinton and I put Max to bed then climbed on our roof to watch fireworks.
Unbelievable!! It looks like you guys don't even have children! So cute, and I bet they tasted even better. I think I found a new craving. Yum!
Post a Comment