Thursday, May 15, 2008

Broken Or Fixed??

The week leading up to Mother's Day started out poorly when our dishwasher broke. Then the starter for our dryer broke and our phone jack in our kitchen which makes it impossible for me and my ridiculously annoying cast to ever get to a phone before the answering machine. Then Jada fell off the couch on the tile floor resulting in an ugly goose-egg on her forehead and she split her lip open trying to climb into Kalle's crib - which really shouldn't have still been bleeding after a half an hour, wouldn't you think? A rat got into our food storage in the garage (oops! Chris has since ended its life). And Chris had to go out of town leaving me with the two kids, broken appliances, the rat and my pink cast to fend for ourselves! The worst part about him being away was my inability to drive to the store since my right foot is broken I haven't driven anywhere for almost six weeks! Fortunately he returned, the repair man arrived and the rat passed away so things were considerably better and then Jada came down with a virus this week which she just got over in time for Kalle to begin running the fever too. Yuck. So, we've had a rough two weeks but I'm optimistic that everything is going to be better starting Wednesday at 11:30 am when my cast gets cut off!!!!! YEAH! Also on the bright side - Kalle has mastered crawling and getting into a sitting and standing position alone, and she can feed herself Cheerios (the best entertainment for an almost 7 month old) and I have successfully potty-trained Jada! Since we were unable to leave the house anyways (stupid cast) I thought we might as well make good use of our home-bound time. I guess this turned out to be a successful two weeks after all.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Glad to hear you are surviving. It is the bad weeks that make the good ones that much sweeter. Congrats on finally getting that cast off!

whitney allison said...

Successful potty training totally negates all the crap that happened! (although the rat would freak me out)

Margo said...

Kimmie, we love you. I wish I was there to take care of you guys. Just think of the memories and hey potty training done, that is amazing.

lisa h. said...

whew, aren't you glad tha's over! i hope you don't see anymore rats.

Stephanie said...

PHEW. I'm glad the rat passed away.

Leah McChesney said...

Oh my word Kim, I am exhausted just reading your post! You poor thing! I cannot believe your babies are growing up so quick. We miss you all! I am sorry you had a broken foot, that is horrible glad it is finally behind you, you must have been going crazy being house bound.