Sunday, May 4, 2008

April Update - only a little bit late...

At the end of March/beginning of April Christopher's grandparents and super fun Aunt & Uncle (Laura Lee & Jeremy) departed on a cruise out of the port of Miami and spent a few days with us before and after their cruise. We had lots of fun taking them on an air boat tour of the everglades, going to the BODIES exhibition and taking a boat tour of the Inter coastal.
My girls are becoming such cute friends. Jada is Kalle's favorite person and no matter what horrible pain Jada inflicts on her, Kalle will always smile and laugh (after she's done crying of course).


Unfortunately, Kalle is a ridiculously strong baby and is trying to stand up in her crib! At only six months! She has been sitting alone for two months and creeps and rolls all over the house. She also gets on her hands and knees and rocks. She is going to take off crawling any day! stinker. Here are my girls playing in Kalle's crib that I didn't want to have to lower until I get my cast off but it will have to be lowered this week.


Jada playing at the park. She is wearing a jacket of mine from when I was a little girl - and shes wearing my watch, which she thinks is necessary all of the time. This picture shows how horrific her hair has been lately. I had never ever cut her hair and was hoping these fly aways in the front would grow out to be manageable. But, the scissors beat out my patience...


This picture shows off Jada's new bangs as of a few weeks ago. Now they are too long and in her eyes so I need to trim them! Even though neither girl is smiling I was excited they were both looking at the camera! Mostly.



We had quite a few visitors this month, first my cousin Claire came to spend her spring break with us from California. So I guess that settles it - even California residents vacation in Florida!



** Notice the red in the corner of my left eye? I apparently had some unconscious self-mutilation thing going on this month because I was trying to open a toy of Jada's with a ball-point pen and the thing exploded in my hands shooting the tip of the pen into my eye ball. I broke a whole bunch of blood vessels and the optometrist had to clean a bunch of ink out of my eye. Not terribly painful, just ugly and a little bit scary.


Another cousin of mine Brittany came down here for the same reason but she lives in Michigan and its freezing in the winters! We had lots of fun with Brittany - and thank goodness she was here when I broke my foot because she had to drive me to three different urgent cares before we found one that took my insurance AND took x-rays! Thanks Brit!



My sister-in-law Lindsay also came down for a week but I have yet to see any of those pictures so I'll post them later. This is my mother. She is one of Jada's most favorite people. She comes down to visit us a lot in the winter from Ohio. She also was here when I broke my foot and extended her visit two weeks to help us out while I was on crutches. She's the best. We wouldn't have survived without her. I just love this picture of Jada and her Grammy.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Wow! You have been busy! I love the new blog look. It suits your beachy location very well.
Your kids are too darn cute! They grow up so fast. I was shocked last week to walk in on James trying to pull himself up on the side of his crib too. I made Brian lower his mattress that night. It totally freaked me out. Of course, they only do those things when they think we aren't watching. It amazes me that they make it past their first year.
Oh, and I know exactly how Kalle feels. I was a second child too! My sister gave me lots of "love" when I was little. I think it just made me all the stronger.

Kirstin - Klinton - Max - Krieg Starr said...

Can I just say that I love to look at your blog. Life always seems to be so fun and crazy for you and your family, and besides that, your little girls are so cute. Good luck with the broken foot too. That sounds like no fun at all.