Just when our sleepless nights with a new baby were beginning to be manageable - big sister decides she needs to make life more interesting! Last week Chris thought Jada was taking a nap in her crib when he heard footsteps downstairs. He went to investigate and Jada's door was open and her crib was empty and Jada was no where to be found! Until he walked down the hall through the playroom when Jada crawled out of a kiddie tunnel and said "Hi Dad! Jada play tunnels!"
For safety's sake (doctor's orders) we have since converted her crib to a toddler bed which she continually gets out of and opens her door (even if I lock it)! So our lives are officially over! But for some reason we feel as if we have been here before, rehearsing the same whiny phrase "our lives are over!" And yet somehow we always manage to go on. Ah, life with children. Isn’t it delightfully exciting? :-)



13 comments:
That is hilarious. I love that she is so proud of herself in the end. Good Luck guys. You will conquer this new stage. I love how long her hair is getting.
Not over... just more interesting and maybe more complicated. I can't believe she is old enough for a toddler bed.
That is the funniest thing ever. And she is so proud of her new little trick. That makes it even better. I'm glad mine stays right where I put him for now.
hehe, i love the "i'm playing tunnels!" yeah we put a door knob lock on the kids door still, so they can't escape after we put them down for bed. i do crack their door open before i go to bed though. have fun adjusting!
I'm leaving the comment to 1. tell you she's adorable and 2. let you know I sporadically stalk you. I'm just checking up on you guys.
Ryan and I watch this video over and over again and just die laughing. Then the reality sets in that before we know it that will be us. Until then, we'll keep laughing our heads off at this fantastic video!
Hey guys! I saw a link for "chris & kim" on Troy & Tracie Ware's blog, and sure enough- it's you from Nantucket! Congratulations on your gorgeous little family! How fantastic that you moved to southern Florida! Very jealous!
Put up a new post for crying out loud. We can only watch Jada climb out of the crib so many times Kimberly!!! Love ya.
How cute! Guess what? Our whole family is coming to Miami for a vacation in June. We'll be there June 15-22, staying at the Doral Marriott Resort. We'd love to get together with you guys! Call me at 435.668.4076 or Jess. Love you!
Chris,
Hey, I've been meaning to contact you, just trying to figure out how. I found Lexi Wernli's blog and a goofy picture of Brandon. Now I'm here on your site. You've got a beautiful family!
Do me a favor and shoot me an e-mail me sometime.
Matt Loflin (Orlofsky)
Post a Comment