Monday, January 16, 2012

7 Months

I am almost half a year behind in my blogging.  Boo on me.  I can't even remember what we did yesterday, let alone in August.  Oh well.  Here are some photos...


Chris had his 31st birthday the end of August.  
His first birthday with a son!  
Well, two sons :-) 
My sister came to visit for a few days the first of September.  Stephanie took time off of work to come and play with us.  Really all she did was work though!  She cooked and cleaned and helped me with all my kids.  Am I lucky or what?  What a fantastic aunt!!!  Mostly we hung out at home (which is what I am sooo good at doing these days) But we decided we needed one adventure, so we had to go to the beach of course!

These Bumbo chairs are PERFECT for the beach.  We set the boys up so they could see the water, and their older sisters playing in the surf.  I feel like Dax is leaning over in this picture saying to Tyce "Someday we will be running on the beach and playing in the sand and driving our sisters crazy!! hahahah!"
My favorite picture of me and the twins.  
And Kalle is in the background too :-)
My AWESOME sister Stephanie and the boys...

 Chris building a huge sand castle with the girls...
 Chris letting Dax put his toes in the Ocean for I think the very first time...
 And Auntie Stephy holding Tyce up so he can join in the Ocean fun...
 Daddy and Dax...
 Daddy and Tyce...
This is Jada carrying her bucket and that dot in the water is Kalle's head.  She is a fish.  And I don't know why but she doesn't really care about the salt water, she just dives in head first and opens her eyes.  I don't get it.  Both of my girls LOVE the beach.  They are just ridiculously happy when we are at the beach.  I wish we had gotten to go more this summer.  Maybe next year...

These shirts have footballs on them.  I just love having two boys!
The girls had a fun (despite Jada's sour face) one Saturday painting...
 Sometimes I just can't help myself and I take pictures of my boys sleeping...
 Tyce is above, Dax is below.  These were my favorite PJs - they are the perfect shade of blue and have little elephants and say something like I Love Mommy :-)
Playing at one of those indoor bounce house places while Jada was at school.  The boys were awesome!  They played with some toys for a minute and then both passed out in their stroller and Kalle and I were able to bounce around and play together for over an hour.  It was soooo fun.
Their shirts say "copy" and "paste" even though they are fraternal twins, when they are dressed the same almost every random admirer thinks they are identical twins. 
 Chris took Jada on a daddy daughter date, I think it was a reward for good behavior or maybe just for fun I can't remember.  But they had the BEST time.  I thought they would be gone for an hour or so but they were gone for an entire day!  They went to a fun zone place with mini golf and lunch and go carts...
 Jason and my new sister-in-law had technically "moved" to our town but hadn't actually been in town at all this whole summer!  Finally they started sticking around more often and we celebrated Caitlin's birthday with brunch at one of my favorite breakfast places :-)  It was kind of a zoo because almost every girl that came brought one, two or three kids with her!  I have 2 other friends from my church that have twins!  Its incredible!!  btw - I am sooooo happy that Jason and Caitlin live here, I have always loved Jason but now I am basically obsessed with his stinking adorable wife!  I LOVE THIS GIRL!!
 My parents and my aunt and uncle came to visit so that the boys could go to the OSU v Miami football game.  We left the kids at home with two very capable babysitters (cost us an arm and a leg) and we went down to Miami for an the evening.  We had a seafood dinner and then took a twilight boat tour.  Chris and I had never done this before and we loved it! 
The skyline of Miami looks much different from a boat, plus the sunset timing was perfect to see the city in the daylight and all lit up for the night.  I love living close to lots of tourist attractions, South Florida has so much to offer that sometimes I can't believe we live here!  I mean people pay tons of money to vacation here!

This is how we are bathing the boys these days.  Still in our whirlpool tub in our master bathroom, still in these baby bath tubs, but we have turned the boys around so they are sitting up instead of laying back.  We've only had a one or two face plants into the water... or twenty...

Blue-eyed Tyce...
Chub-a-wubba Dax...


Well, I guess I did a pretty lousy job getting my camera out this month.  ALL of the above photos were taken with my iPhone (well, except for these 3 bath tub ones).  But here are a few of my cutie pie twinners taken with my good camera...

I forgot to take these pictures in the morning when I get the best sunlight in my house so I resorted to afternoon shots in the laundry room.  These boys were not in the mood for photos.  Jada was my helpful assistant and they were staring up at her so much that they kept falling backwards and injuring themselves on the tile floor, wood door, or the washing machine.  All in the name of blogging...

We tried some with Jada monitoring from behind but I couldn't get the boys to look up at me...
So we distracted them with toys...

And eventually stuck a boppy pilllow behind them to help cushion the falls...

Tyce at 7 Months
18 lbs. 5 oz.


Tyce is the drooliest kid!  Ew!  Only one of my four kids has had a massive drooling problem so I guess that's a good thing, but man is it nasty!  His shirts are constantly soaked and he rips bibs off so fast that I'm changing both bibs and shirts all day long.  Tyce has really gotten good at sitting this month.  He is much more stable than his brother.  But that's basically all he does.  He just sits.  (This will continue for the next few months) I LOVE it.  Happy babies who just sit still and play with toys are the best.  Definitely my favorite baby stage.  No worrying about them crawling around and getting dirty or into something dangerous, but still the independence of sitting up is freedom for babies and they're sooo much happier!  Yay TYCE!!!  Except I think he does start this horrible screeching at the top of his lungs thing around this time.  That was an awful and completely unnecessary phase.  Ugh.  (unfortunately, I can't really remember anything else about this month.  Oops.)
Dax at 7 Months
Broke 20 Pounds!
 
Um, could you die?  Cutest little face?  I know.  This kid is a Jada copycat.  Like Jada 2.0, but in the male version or something like that.  Anyways, Dax has been such a sweet baby.  I really have felt very blessed with his good-nature, laid back personality.  This month he started sitting up like his older brother but isn't quite as stable.  He has decided that he wants to move.  I am SCARED (at least that's what I would've said if I had written this on time).  I can just tell this kid is about finished with his kick back lifestyle and is ready to run.  I couldn't even get a decent picture of him because he kept thrusting himself backwards really hard and whapping his head on every surface in the laundry room.  Really, I am scared.  Dax got his first diaper rash this month.  Not so bad, going 6 months without any problems!  (The girls got diaper rashes allllll the time).  Dax also said his first word this month - Ma Ma!!!  No lie.  He really says it a lot :-)  Oh yes and he can roll over.  Just kill me now.

But they are so stinking precious...aren't they??
Happy Seven Months Old Boys!!

No comments: