Saturday, October 29, 2011

5 Months

Ok, my boys are 8 months old now and I'm just blogging about this... oops.  Lets just get going here...

Our pediatrician detected a murmur when she was listening to Tyce's heart during his 4 month check-up.  Funny thing is, when the twins were in the NICU, Dax had been suspected of having a heart murmur and he had two EKGs.  So this time, the Dr. sent both boys to the cardiologist to get checked out.  Here's Dax having his EKG...

And Tyce...

Results:  Tyce DOES have a heart murmur.  Dax does NOT.  What does this mean?  Nothing much.  The cardiologist was great and showed us on the ultrasound pictures how both boys have strong beating hearts with all of the right, properly working components.  But Tyce does have noise in there which will hopefully not cause any problems in the future.  He may outgrow it or he may have it forever.  Either way, Chris and I feel really unconcerned about it.  Odd maybe, or maybe not.

My girls took swim lessons for a few weeks this summer.  They both can swim amazingly well, I just wanted them to learn the strokes.  Jada did fabulous and tried very hard and was quite successful.

Kalle was a stinker.  The first day of class as all of the kids were lining up outside of the water she walked right past the teacher and jumped into the pool causing the teacher to panic and the lifeguard to fly out of her chair.  Plus she likes to 'pretend' that shes drowning and even yells "help!" just for fun.  Basically, every lesson was a struggle because Kalle would just splash water at the lifeguard, try to swim away, or hold her breath as long as she could under water so that the instructor couldn't talk to her.  I don't know why I thought she would enjoy organized swimming lessons...


My mother-in-law gave me these onesies for the twins when I was pregnant.  I've had them hanging in a window by my kitchen for almost 9 months until I finally put them on my boys - and they had almost outgrown them!!

I turned 29 :-)  Jason & Caitlin babysat all FOUR kids so Chris could take me on the BEST DATE!  Chris had told me he had to work so I was expecting us to celebrate on the weekend.  Instead, we ate dinner at this awesome restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale (BEST artichokes) then we went to the Ft. Lauderdale Museum of Art and then shopping at the mall!!! HELLO!  My husband is amazing, I know!  Could I have been any happier?  And to top it off, poor Jason & Caitlin somehow managed to put all four kids to bed before we got home!  It was incredible to have one night off.  Our nighttime routine is killer.
Jada loves her brothers so much and tries soooo hard to play with them.  They are becoming more and more interactive each day, but sometimes it gets hard for her to wait for them to grow up a bit more!  In the meantime, I found her trying her very best to "play" with Dax the other day.  Isn't she so great??

Our celebratory American flag fruit pizza...
Our awesome friends the Grantos had us over to celebrate the 4th of July.  We love them.  Though they don't have any kids themselves, they adore kids and fill their house with lots of love and good friends all the time!  This is a picture of most of the kids on the couch (Kalle was being a stinker for the photo shoot of course)...

The kids loved playing outside.  I forgot swimsuits for my girls so we borrowed some.  Kalle has never ever worn a two-piece swim suit before and when she walked out wearing this, Chris about passed out!  She is still only 3 and she is gorgeous!  What the heck?  She has these pretty green eyes, naturally tan skin, and a muscular, long body.  She does not look like me.  Kalle definitely has a lot of Wernli in her.  I probably shouldn't even be posting this picture of her...

Daddy and his little clone, Tyce...

Jada posing for some photos...
Kalle loooooving the sparklers...

My mother-in-law gave me matching t-shirts for all of my kids but wouldn't you know it, I never got one single photo of them all together.  Boo.  But I did get some of just the twins...



The next day we made fruit pizzas as a family with the leftovers :)  Its always fun to decorate food with kids.  They are so creative and happy...


Jada came down with yet another yucky cold.  Another boo.  I decided to keep her away from the twins again.  HUGE boo.  I wanted to keep my schedule but I didn't know how to feed the boys bottles at the same time without Jada, since Chris was at work.  So out of complete necessity I tried a method my friend uses (she also has twins).... Bottle Propping!  Don't go calling social services on me yet though, I never left these kids for a second.  I literally couldn't figure out another way to do it...

PS - it worked like a charm ;-)

5 Months...To Be Continued...

No comments: