Sunday, September 5, 2010

Double Pregnancy & Matching Futures

I can't believe how difficult this pregnancy has been for me - and its only been 10 weeks! I mean, I'm not even eating chocolate or ice cream - EVER! Something is definitely crazy. And this week, my stomach popped out. I'm not even lying in the least. Ask any one of my friends or Chris. Its official. I have a baby bump. Not a double baby bump, yet...but I will get there I am sure. I cannot suck my gut in. Its stuck in the 'out' position. Oh well. I wonder if my belly button will pop out this time? With my girls it didn't, it just stretched out into a very thin line. I never got stretch marks either. I'm sure that will change soon. I have such a short body and long legs, I'm just not built for carrying two babies in my short mid-section. Now my long torso-ed friend Laura looked fantastic when she was pregnant with twins! And my beautifully tall cousin Margo carried TRIPLETS like a champ! But I do not have a body type like either of them. But I guess I'm not 4'10'' either so that should help. A little. I'm just warning all of you in advance who see me in person or look at the blog - come March, I might quite literally knock you over with my belly. Be prepared. I'm trying to prepare myself. I've looked at some pregnancy sites on the web where mothers of twins post photos of their enormous bellies - it is NOT a pretty sight. I have been quite horrified actually. So I've banned myself from looking any more. I am thinking happy thoughts. Like how my cute little belly I have today at 10 weeks is REALLY TRULY bigger than my pregnant with Jada belly at 20 weeks. But, I guess I should expect something like that, since I'm having a double pregnancy. Now I'm just ranting. But this is my blog, my journal. So I'm allowed to rant a little. I'm just nervous. And excited. And terrified. And hello I'm having twins! What in the world is cuter than twins?! Today I think I want identical twin girls. I mean, come on. I have sooo much fun dressing Jada and Kalle in matching outfits every Sunday for church - can you imagine 4 girls matching??? I would love it. Really. I am already excited for matching clothes :-) I mean, I can't loose! If I have two boys - they will match every day of their lives. If I have 2 girls, they'll match. And if I have 1 boy and 1 girl, then the boy will match Christopher (yes, I'll make them) and the girl will match Jada and Kalle. See? I'm destined to have matching clothes in my future - no matter what! YAY!!

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

You are so funny. I've heard that when you have twins you pop a lot fast. knowing how great you look though, you'll pull it off like a champ. No stretch marks? Wow, you're lucky.

By the way, I envy your legs.

lisa h. said...

haha...you made me laugh at the end! I'm glad you'll have matching clothes one way or another. I bet you'll look great pregnant w/ twins. you're so fit to start with. sorry you already aren't feeling too great, hopefully it will pass. wow! you're gonna have 4! it will be soooo fun!

Stephanie said...

Remember when we were little and I wanted to match with you all the time and you HATED it?

I cannot WAIT to buy matching clothes for your twins! Keep up the good work Mama!

Sister Sonksen said...

Remember when I bought matching pink polka dot bathing suits for you and me and Steff? We were so cute in them. Remember when we got matching Christmas dresses (the 3 of us) and you and Stephanie pitched a fit....and we looked so pretty in our red and green Christmas velvet and plaid. Dress those babies alike for as long as you can...I WILL supply matching clothes for ME and the Twinlets....fun !!! I can't wait!