Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Christmas Eve 2009

We spent a wonderful Christmas with Christopher's family in Georgia. This was only the second time in 10 years that his siblings were all together for Christmas!

As is becoming a tradition for the Wernlis, we went Christmas caroling to their neighbors, delivering my father-in-law's incredibly delicious, homemade cinnamon rolls. My mother-in-law always buys her kids and grand kids matching PJs to wear on Christmas eve. We may have decided it was time to combine the two traditions. Yes, its true. We went Christmas Caroling to the neighbors in our matching Christmas Jammies.
We are Awesome.
It was cold and rainy (yuck) so our coats are kind of covering up the PJs but you still can hear our incredible, harmonious voices singing "Rudolph" (I know ya'll wished we rang your doorbell ;-).The 4 granddaughters even had antlers and red-nose stickers to complete their reindeer ensemble! So cute!
We tried to get the 4 girls together for a photo shoot...I'm not even going to start about how ridiculously annoying and unruly my girls are in front of the camera and how ridiculously smiling and sweet their cousins are when a camera's pulled out. Polar Opposites.The above smiles were the results of our girls being heavily bribed with cinnamon rolls and threats of Santa possibly skipping Nana's house... (we're such mean parents)Below is Jada & Kalle at their kid table leaving their "letters to Santa" along with a glass of milk and a large plate of double-chocolate chunk cookies (picked-out, purchased, baked and thoroughly enjoyed by me & Lindsay, hehe ;-)Chris helping Jada hang her stocking (gently coaxing her sweet smile by lovingly whispering 'no toy' threats into her ear the whole time)Whereas I asked my two nieces to smile for a few pictures and these are what I get on the FIRST AND ONLY TRY! (insert foul word here.)

Laney with her Aunt Lindsay...Lexi with her daddy...and Laney again with her mommy...Good thing I love my sweet nieces! Aren't they just adorable? More pictures to come...

1 comment:

Becky said...

Well I suppose we are mean parents as well cuz we use threats and bribery too! Looks like you had a great Christmas. Glad you got to spend it with family!