Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thanksgiving 09

Yes, months overdue. Oh well.

We flew up to Ohio to be with my family this year for Turkey Day. Loved it. My family rocks.
Kalle finally had her own seat! Flying was so much easier. (Jada will kill me someday for posting this photo but it was too funny! Hahaha, evil mother :)It was warm and sunny when we left Florida and freezing cold when we arrived in Ohio. Since my girls had no cold-weather apparel, my mom met us in the airport with a huge bag of winter coats, gloves, hats and boots! I really think my girls have never ever worn such clothing and they were fascinated with their new stuff! For a few minutes...I am sooooo glad that I don't have to hassle with all of that every winter! A few days were fun but daily? No thanks!
Probably one of the best pictures of Kalle smiling at the camera ever! With my beautiful mother too! Yeah!!!A couple of my awesome girl cousins live close to my parents and we were able to spend an evening at my cousin Margo's house :-) Jada is obsessed with her kids now - she really keeps talking about them all the time (I think she has a crush on Ammon ;) Jada just can't understand why they all can't just get in a car and drive down to Florida for her birthday next month! We love you guys!
I put sponge rollers in Jada's hair for the first time. She loved them! And she actually slept with them all night, no problem. She'll do anything if she thinks it makes her more princess-like.Didn't her hair turn out adorable?We had so many people for Thanksgiving dinner that we actually ate at our church building! Which the kids loved since they had tons of room to run around and play. And we even had a huge family game of dodge ball after dinner! Here's Jada and her 'cousin' Ammon who she is crazy about!Some of my favorite sisters! Stephanie, Mallory and Margo :)Kalle, Katelyn, and Dylann - all three girls born in 2007!My family is so great. I have really missed spending holidays with them the past few years...

2 comments:

Becky said...

You are so right that dressing kids up in lots of winter clothes is NO fun. I hate it and sometimes we just stay inside and play (in our shorts) just to show the weather who's boss! Of course that has its consequences too! Like a messier house!
Right now I'm missing the South!

Margo said...

Love, love, love you guys. We sure miss you and can't wait until we can just jump in the car and come visit.