Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wonderful Whirlwind Weekend

We had the best weekend! But it was super busy. My in-laws were supposed to drive down from Georgia but couldn't make it and so my mom surprised me and flew down from Ohio at the last minute! Yeah! She arrived the day after Kalle's birthday but we still had tons of other things going on...

Friday morning while Jada was at a playgroup, my mom and I took Kalle to get her one-year old photos taken. She lasted not even 15 minutes! Yikes! But I still think there were some cute ones. Pix to come later... but here she is in her (or rather Jada's) birthday dress. So sweet. I just love this baby!
Then we spent the day Friday getting ready for this mystery dinner party that Chris and I hosted. We had 14 people and it was AWESOME! We all had so much fun. Here's the group. Chris is the Transylvanian police officer in the back. Can you find me?
Hanz Behandurbak (Hands Behind Your Back. Get it? Chris made it up. He's so funny.)
Me (Elle Razor) with Eve L. Dedd (minus her witch hat).Just SOME of the yummy desserts we had!! What would I have done without my mom? She's a party planning extraordinaire!Check out these awesome costumes! Are friends are soooo fun!
Then Saturday Chris was gone all day hosting a stake youth activity at our church. So we (the girls) went shopping of course! Then we headed to the church to practice for the following day's primary program. Jada was supposed to sing a song in the program but she wasn't so sure at the practice. My mom did take a video of her...I'll get to that one too.
But alas! Perfection! Jada sang her little song so beautifully in the primary program on Sunday. Mind you, she is only two! She sang "I am a child of God" acapella, into the microphone, on the podium in front of our whole congregation! There were like 200 people there! She was also the first song in the program. I was sitting next to her but I didn't sing a note. She did it all! It was awesome. I was only sitting up there because I am the music leader so I was in charge of all of the songs for the whole program. It went beautifully. But our crazy weekend continued the rest of Sunday afternoon when Chris and I had a very interesting conversation/interview with a certain church personnel. I will have to come back to the results of that conversation later...
So I say - Yeah for busy weekends! As long as they are full of fabulous surprises and lots of fun anyways!

4 comments:

The Tolberts said...

What a crazy weekend! The party was soo fun, thanks again! You guys are the best!

Becky said...

I am jealous. I wish my mom could just zip over for a weekend of fun and shopping!
That party looks like it was so much fun. Where did you get the idea?

Scott and Laura said...

Yay for all the updates!

whitney allison said...

Oh fun party! I mean, I admit I'm a little offended that I wasn't invited but whatever, I probably wouldn't have been able to go anyway. I'm very busy. And I live in Utah.