Monday, September 24, 2007

Surprise!

Chris and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary on September 18th and he planned a wonderful night out for the two of us that evening (as I already posted). But, little did Christopher know that I had been secretly planning a surprise trip for the following weekend! Ha! I have been working on this plan for a weeks and somehow I actually managed to keep it a secret! (Probably because I didn't tell anyone in either of our families :-) So, the big day arrived, Friday, and Chris conveniently took Jada to work with him (as per my request) and on his way home I had him meet me at a rendezvous point where I dropped off my car, we loaded our luggage into his and then took Jada to a friend's house! He was so confused and discombobulated it was hilarious! Then I took the keys and drove us across the state to the West coast of Florida where we eventually ended at our final destination - Lover's Key. The resort we stayed at was on Estero Island, just south of Sanibel Island and Captiva Island and about 25 miles north of Naples. Our room was on the eighth floor overlooking the bay (Lover's Key) and a sliver of the ocean. It was awesome! The bummer part was that it rained Friday night and was cloudy so we didn't get to see the sunset - the biggest draw for me to go to the west coast since we only get the sunrises on the east coast and we all know that I probably will never make it to the beach in time to see one of those, ever. Aside from that we had a fabulous time - Chris made us a gourmet seafood dinner (he's an AMAZING chef) and the best part was that I didn't have to clean it up! We made the whole place smell fishy and we didn't care! This picture is the morning after leftovers that I didn't have to deal with :-) Most importantly though, we enjoyed our first night ever without Jada! I had never been apart from Jada before overnight and she is nineteen months old! For the first time since Jada was born - we were finally able to sleep in! And would you believe that neither of us could? We were up before 7!!! Ludicrous. But I was up early enough to get some amazing photos of the sunrise across the bay. We then had a delicious breakfast and did some sightseeing - I know I am turning into my parents. We spent some time at the beach where we collected four beautiful seashells, one for each member of our family, and then we drove up to Sanibel Island and on our way home we stopped at an Outlet Mall and bought Jada a few presents. I was so proud of my successful surprise trip that I hope I don't wait another nineteen months to plan the next one!

3 comments:

Chris said...

Yeah; that vacation? So hot!!!

The Tolberts said...

I give Kim major points for pulling it off, despite my almost ruining the suprise:) It looked like a great time!!!!

lisa h. said...

way to go!